« Ladies and Gentlemen, Hilary F... |
Connecticut Legalizes Same-Sex... »
on October 10 at
I’ll be on KUOW’s Weekday this morning, starting at 10 a.m., to talk with other journalists about the news from this crazy week.
That’s 94.9 FM. Suggestions for what we should discuss?
California Prop. 8, Eli! Seattle supporters of gay marriage need to know that the No campaign is underfunded and behind in the polls. They need financial support!
1. The election: yes it is over. Due to economic tsunami.
2. This includes picking up lots more senate seats.
3. Props to Obama he's doing great.
4. Half hour TV buy is great.
5. His focus on economy is great.
6. The media seems to no longer accept right wing bullshit about the wild unreg. market.
7. Obama has a huge chance here -- as big as FDR's -- to usher in sweeping change on all fronts if he seizes the opportunity to REFRAME the whole discussion and get folks to see we need to have the govt. be the leading director, rule maker, and redistributor of resources (away from rich to middle and working class, away from carbon generating to greening, away from blah blah into infra and education away from blah blah into r and d) to allow us all to succeed and allow the USA to succeed in the more competititve world today.
Will he speak to us like FDR? Will he use his incredible oratorical skkills to et us all united to get more change enacted in his first 100 days than even FDR?
I am hopeful he will do so.
Meanwhile GWB seems to be ushering in a new era of coordinated world government action to socialize the finance sector. If this is how world govt. and socialism comes I'm for it. The circumstances suck but this is the kind of thing that shows people we have to go in that direction. And then that because we have socialized finance, we the people own that market, so it's okay to use it as we want. Ditto for health, ivestments etc.
(Note to Bail and hysterical GOPsters: when I say "socialism" I mean the free, democratic mixed-economy kind, like in Europe, (ayup we need about half the economy to be capitalistic fer sure ya betcha folks) not the heavy, bad Cuban or Commie kind, duh.)
Will Obama be the next FDR and one of the top 3 presidents ever? In his governing? He has the chance and boy oh boy we sure need him to.
This is the issue we are moving towards.
discuss why KUOW is on your enemies list but hosts stranger staff like you work there.
Yeah, Susan, Eli should go on the radio this morning and spew out that whole entire gob of word salad in one breath like a nutter on a street corner. Plus, everyone gets a pony.
Eli -- topic idea: Has Obama peaked too early?
Local budget cuts: city, county, state - flowing from revenue drops, investment losses. Who takes the biggest hit. Effect on services. Lack of forward-thinking media coverage to date.
shoot! I have a dentist appointment and I am going to miss it...
what everyone else said.
Lucy's visit to Seattle and what that means for evolutionary studies and education opportunities.
Peanut-butter-flavored Swedish Fish.
Comments are closed on this post.
All contents © Index Newspapers, LLC
1535 11th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
Contact Info |