Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« What A Difference Makes | Today in Line Out »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New Column!

posted by on May 23 at 15:28 PM

Also, the new issue (featuring deep-fried mac and cheese vs. deep-fried blueberry muffins, Joss Stone vs. Amy Winehouse, and Charles Mudede vs. last weekend’s condo expo) is online now.

RSS icon Comments

This is great stuff and all but where the hell is Jesus' blog? I head-over-heals in love with Jesus' blog!!!

Posted by monkey | May 23, 2007 3:59 PM

Sorry, but Meth is such a scourge on our community that this sophomoric 50ís ad parody could only be considered remotely amusing.

Posted by raindrop | May 23, 2007 4:02 PM

You say Molly Murphy and I think of this bit of my cultural heritage.

Posted by dw | May 23, 2007 4:17 PM

wait... DO pigs use sharks thank-you notes?

Posted by shane | May 23, 2007 4:33 PM

sorry to be a stick in the mud, but there really isn't anything funny about meth. I hate what it has done our community.

The Scissor Sisters say it in "Return To Oz":

Three o' clock in the morning
You get a phone call from the queen
With a hord of heads
She says that they're all dead

You said: Is this the return to Oz?
The grass is dead, the gold is brown and the sky has claws
There's a wind-up man walking round and round
What once was Emerald City is now a crystal town

Posted by phil | May 23, 2007 5:01 PM

Well... I know for a fact that the guy that wrote those lyrics has a sense of humor about meth.

Posted by Dan Savage | May 23, 2007 5:07 PM

#6: Yeah, I believe you, and you know what? I wish I could go back and edit my post (#5). Upon re-reading the column, I have changed my mind. She makes good points in there about losing teeth and that "blood is not a lubricant". I was a little too quick to post this time. I was wrong. Sorry.

Posted by phil | May 23, 2007 5:17 PM

I think this kind of ridicule actually reduces meth use by making it seem less attractive. People that might not read a serious flyer or story about meth and its risks will read this for a laugh. And hopefully its message (meth is revolting, people who use it are morons) will stick with them.

Posted by EXTC | May 23, 2007 5:24 PM

#8, I hope so. It truly is some nasty shit.

Posted by phil | May 23, 2007 5:49 PM

I'm guessing you people have never tried meth.

There are plenty things funny about it and it's, dare I say, fun.

Posted by PdxRitchie | May 24, 2007 2:19 AM

@10, it is more destructive to its users than a fun thing . It also fucks up your personal relationships. Don't use it. Use your brain.

Posted by lawrence clark | May 24, 2007 3:08 AM

you are guessing wrong. That's all I am going to say in this forum. I could tell you all about it, but I won't. #11 is right about fucking up your personal relationships.

Posted by phil | May 24, 2007 6:57 AM

Hellohle - this is just a testing, don't worry about it

Posted by Testerpxm | May 24, 2007 10:36 PM

spriu thxjbngly krmh hkoiagjqs ubeszlda nkywf yrzdg

Posted by rdgbesa wzyvitobn | June 6, 2007 12:46 AM

pyiju eclygdwfa ldhtz yhvqeiu dxokypfaj aprxylhft mtnkdwsi

Posted by hsevlgftd fpor | June 6, 2007 12:47 AM