Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« O They Will Know We Are Christ... | Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance, Da... »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today in Line Out

posted by on June 12 at 15:41 PM

Terry Finally Admits It: He likes Röyksopp. And knows how to make an umlaut!

Mean People Rock: What’s the meanest song you’ve ever heard?

Excellent Adventure: Who would you see if you could travel back in time?

Daft Punk Go to the Movies: Their feature film Electroma is coming.

Psych Invades Sunset: You can’t say Jonathan Zwickel didn’t warn you.

Everything is cute today.

RSS icon Comments

Lineout writers must not have listened to much Anal Cunt when they were sprogs.

Posted by Jay | June 12, 2007 3:57 PM

And before anyone says it, yes I know AC were/are a borderline retarded and juvenile band.

Posted by Jay | June 12, 2007 3:59 PM

I like the caveman song. The only thing out of Norway thats not black metal.

Posted by SeMe | June 12, 2007 4:12 PM

@3 - there's a whole lot of non-black metal out of Norway. Bergen is also a super-rad city, and sister city to Ballard. Yeah!

Posted by Levislade | June 12, 2007 4:49 PM

The best stuff out of Norway is post-black metal and regular old black metal, unless we're talking about Turbonegro.

Posted by Jay | June 12, 2007 4:50 PM

Norway is the new Sweden, for summershiny indiepop.

Posted by Fnarf | June 12, 2007 4:50 PM

These guys are nuts (and norwegian):

Also, here's a whole repository of Scando madness from across the board:

And when I said "non-black metal," I meant music that would not be categorized as black metal, not metal that wouldn't be categorized as black metal.

Posted by Levislade | June 12, 2007 5:00 PM

I've been listening to old Solefald and the new Dodheimsgard record (surprisingly catchy) all day.

Posted by Jay | June 12, 2007 5:06 PM

The best thing coming out of Norway right now is Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas.

Posted by Eric Grandy | June 12, 2007 5:11 PM

I would like to speak up and say that I DID listen to a lot of Anal Cunt, but it was mostly just to piss off my Dad.

Posted by Ari Spool | June 12, 2007 5:39 PM

Actually I appreciate the fury and extremeness of black metal. I admit some of the posturing is silly, and I can only listen to about 5 minutes of it before it gets repetitive, but Norway's Dimmu Borgir's new disc In Sorte Diaboli has really good production values, and you have to appreciate a band that brings the head of a real live ( or dead) goat to the stage.

Posted by SeMe | June 13, 2007 9:08 AM