Slog News & Arts

« A Great Idea | Whole Foods Still Wants to Shr... »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Man Accused of Threatening Autistic Child Arrested Again

posted by on October 3 at 17:12 PM

pb.jpg

Story updated. Originally posted at 3:13 PM

A South Seattle man accused of threatening to burn down his 13-year-old autistic neighbor’s home last summer is back in jail after another ugly incident.

According to court documents, at around 10:30 last night, Levison stood outside of his neighbors’ home in the 5500 block of South Leo street and began screaming threats at the autistic boy’s family. Documents say Levison told the boy’s father to “fight [him] like a man” and that he “[did] not want to see that idiot staring at [his] house.”

Police arrived and arrested Levison for investigation of malicious harassment, Washington’s hate crime law. Court records say Levison told police he “told [the boy’s parents] to keep that fucking idiot out of my sight. I pay rent and I don’t have to put up with that.”

The family already has a no-contact order against Levison for a July 8th incident where, court documents say, Levison told the autistic boy’s mother that she needed to “keep [her] fucking retarded son in the house or the backyard like a dog; if you don’t, I’ll burn you[r] room down.”

King County Prosecutors have filed charges against Levison, who is being held at the King County Jail on $500,000 bail.

RSS icon Comments

WTF???

Posted by Sirkowski | October 3, 2008 3:29 PM

This is like two blocks from my house. I should tell that kid's mom he can spin around in front of my house instead. Fine by me, kiddo! I've felt kind of spin-around-y in front of my house a few times.

Posted by Wino | October 3, 2008 3:32 PM

Now, here's a situation where a Pit Bull can really come in handy!

Posted by Westside forever | October 3, 2008 3:35 PM

He sounds batshit crazy to me. Maybe he has Atelophobia.

Posted by monkey | October 3, 2008 3:36 PM

Interesting he takes so much issue with someone in front of his house, yet he just can't help himself. He sounds like the real mental child of the story.

Posted by Dougsf | October 3, 2008 3:40 PM

I gues we know how this guy wold answer the last couple of Stranger Scrouples questions.

Posted by Banna | October 3, 2008 4:02 PM

So Jonah, is it clear yet to SLOGers why using the term "retard" or the phrase "that's retarded" is so lame?

Posted by LMSW | October 3, 2008 4:17 PM

@ 7 - Aye ... and using the term "lame" is so retarded.

Posted by RonK, Seattle | October 3, 2008 5:19 PM

Aw, Ron. I think I might like you after all.

Posted by Jonah S | October 3, 2008 5:21 PM

When was the last time a newsworthy crime happened around here that wasn't yet another loon off his meds? And if we could get all our loons to take their pills every day, would there be any crime left to report?

No, I'm serious.

Posted by elenchos | October 3, 2008 5:25 PM

Levison must read Slog-----

Posted by Hartiepie | October 3, 2008 5:44 PM

The crazy guy is a renter. Here is a case where I would support a landlord seeking eviction.

Posted by Papayas | October 3, 2008 6:28 PM

Atelophobia. Huh. Hadda look that one up.

Posted by TVDinner | October 3, 2008 7:31 PM

Being autistic sucks.

Posted by RainMan | October 3, 2008 9:31 PM

So did I.

Posted by monkey | October 3, 2008 9:52 PM

7 8 9

far worse than lame

this is the 21st century in Seattle, Washington

get a clue, fools

Posted by Anna | October 3, 2008 10:37 PM

Retarded is kind of like using the word gay in a derogatory fashion sometimes. It's not exactly PC, but it's not that terrible.

In this situation it's a bit deplorable.

Posted by Jen | October 4, 2008 5:01 AM

This is a situation where moving to protect your child is necessary. Then sue this MF for everything he owns.

Posted by Vince | October 4, 2008 7:22 AM

In this case I support evicting this asshole. If he can't be nice to the neighbors he should be kicked out.

Posted by phillip drummond | October 4, 2008 9:13 AM

I'd like to see how "open minded" you all would be if you had a loud obnoxious autistic child shitting in your bushes and yelling next door. You people are hypocrites.

Posted by mm hmm | October 6, 2008 12:40 PM