Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on I Knew Nicolas Cage Wouldn't Lie to Me!

Every time I see his face on a movie poster I want jump in the sky and fly oh so high distract the devo box ama planganx delight.

Hello from the Oscars it's Dwight Michaelson Danielson. Sup jigga wuuuuuuut? I found some paper behind the dumpster that had some notes. Said something about Al Balvazor. The hell wrong witchoo?!

Posted by lol wut | August 27, 2008 12:21 PM

"Kind of sad" "These sorts of movies do pull in the tourists"

Yes. It's so cute when the interests of someone of lower intellect are stimulated by popular culture. Our superior appreciation of the arts is often debased by the hordes of these unwashed. The mere idea of tourists being in our hallowed collections can be such a bother to, we, the sincere patrons. I'm sure the great amount of time you spend wandering the halls of the Library of Congress in pursuit of your vast interests are spoiled by this rabble....

Letís not look down on discovery. No matter its origin.

Posted by Zeldfelder | August 27, 2008 12:50 PM

@2,

Have you been to a movie lately? If those people can't keep their yaps shut during a movie, they certainly won't do it in any library.

Posted by keshmeshi | August 27, 2008 12:55 PM

Remember, if you hear a cell phone ring and someone starts talking loudly into it, it's ok to rip it out of their hands and throw it against a wall.

Other library patrons will thank you.

Posted by Will in Seattle | August 27, 2008 1:09 PM

If you walk around in Boston after midnight and you're of any color, the most that will happen to you is no one will acknowledge you or make eye contact

Posted by CM | August 27, 2008 1:20 PM

@5, that's also true of Boston in the daytime.

It freaked me the fuck out when I moved to Seattle and people I didn't know would start talking to me at bus stops or on elevators. Total strangers around here will tell you their medical or romantic history out of the blue, the kinds of things that people in Boston would never discuss with family members who live in the same house with them.

Also, the hugging and touching *shudder*

Posted by Just Sayin' | August 27, 2008 2:08 PM

and people from Boston who've lived here for years have told me that everyone's too polite/passive aggressive here...and that Boston folks will be up front and say what's on their mind

which I totally disagree with

I'm a Philly-area guy, so I don't know what there is to say about me except for my love of processed meats

Posted by CM | August 27, 2008 2:21 PM

@7, Interesting, maybe Boston's changed since I lived there but people I knew never said anything that was on their mind, unless you mean feeling free to tell someone off or yell at someone.

People here are extremely passive/aggressive, though, as opposed to defensively aggressive/offensive. They don't "get" sarcasm here, either.

Posted by Just Sayin' | August 27, 2008 2:30 PM

Random comment on the movie: When the agents run into the LoC to apprehend Nick Cage they're carrying no guns, but instead are just pointing their fingers at him:

Pretty awesome.