Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« The Morning News | Caucus, Schmaucus--Britney's i... »

Friday, January 4, 2008

On the Radio

posted by on January 4 at 8:35 AM

I’ll be on KUOW’s Weekday this morning, starting at 10 a.m., to talk about Barack Obama’s big win here in Iowa last night and what it all means going forward. Meanwhile, you can see my post and some photos from Obama’s history-making victory speech here (along with video), and you can find all my blogging from my time on the bus tour of second-place finisher John Edwards here.

scaled.Obama1.JPG

Photo by Laurie Ragen Gustafson

RSS icon Comments

COMMENT DELETED: Sock-Puppetry

We remove comments that are off topic, threatening, or commercial in nature, and we do not allow sock-puppetry (impersonating someone else)—or any kind of puppetry, for that matter. We never censor comments based on ideology.

Posted by Mr Poe | January 3, 2008 3:09 PM

What a beautiful shot of the "Penis on the Plains." Takes me back to my college days in Des Moines.

Posted by Andy | January 3, 2008 3:27 PM

To elaborate.

As someone who has a bit of an olive complexion, I was expressing my appreciation for a Presidential candidate who isn't pasty.

Idiots.

Posted by Sigourney Beaver | January 4, 2008 10:12 AM

#1 isn't me.

Posted by Mr. Poe | January 4, 2008 10:20 AM

Eli: Why do you keep referring to Edwards as "angry"? It's a total right-wing/corporate media talking point. And it's simply not true.

Posted by DOUG. | January 4, 2008 10:25 AM

i posted the following comment on the prev post re: obama winning in iowa, but it was deleted--like all the other comments from other people--supposedly due to racist hate speech. so im reposting my comment below

my wife & i are in iowa, & we were torn between edwards & obama--right up til the caucus. i ended up choosing edwards over obama b/c i'm racist & hate the irish

joke

now onto my real, prev posted comment. re: the poll that came out a few days ago re: 80% of the US feel that iowa & new hampshire have way too much sway over pres politics--since they're small states & aren't representative of the US population (IA & NH are 95-96% white).

well, last nite our state chose--by a large majority-a black dem cand. so suck it, rest of the US!

Posted by glen keenan | January 4, 2008 10:28 AM

@6: Congrats and all, but I think you need to look-up the term "large majority".

Posted by DOUG. | January 4, 2008 10:52 AM

really? what dictionary would you suggest, smart-ass? obama had 38% of the vote. in a race between 3 cands, he had much more than 1/3 of the vote--in fact, he had 5% more than 1/3 of the vote. #2 (edwards) had only 30% (3% less than 1/3 of the vote). obama had EIGHT PERCENT more than edwards. that's a large majority in a 3-way race

Posted by glen keenan | January 5, 2008 12:14 AM