Sunday, November 18, 2012

Former Stranger Writer Blogs for the Man

Posted by on Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

New York Times makes obligatory Cheech and Chong references, of course. But also gives Stranger its props as famous home of pot-heads.

Money quote:

The goal: official communications in language that the hip, young, urban and quite possibly stoned audience that Mr. Spangenthal-Lee wrote for at The Stranger might actually want to read.

Reading? What's that?

Oh, that's all the Stranger is? How quickly they forget.
Posted by Warren Terra on November 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 2
We're young & hip? Who knew?
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on November 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 3
I haven't been young in 40 years. And I'm pretty sure I was never hip.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on November 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 4
Andrew Sullivan made a good point on Bill Maher's show last week, that everyone laughs and thinks pot laws are funny and makes stoner jokes but the reality is that the enforcement of marijuana laws are racist and expensive and destroy millions of people's lives... over something that everyone else jokes about.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on November 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM · Report this
Griffin 5
I'm deathly allergic to pot, yet I read The Stranger.
Posted by Griffin on November 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM · Report this
I'm not stoned and can't stand the smell of pot, but I read The Stranger (or at least Slog - it's fun setting off the filters in various public places in oh-my-heck land).
Posted by StuckInUtah on November 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 7
I more likely to break a hip than be hip.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on November 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 8
The Stranger's been a hack for the man for years now. Cute how they think that they aren't.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on November 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Puty 9
Hey , congrats to JSL on that gig.
Posted by Puty on November 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 10
#2 #3 Yeah, he was here like 10 years ago? Those "young hip" folks are pushing 40+. The young and hip are too busy being young and hip to bother with reading.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on November 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM · Report this
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on November 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM · Report this
Pick1 12
@10 o come now, don't pull the "kids these days", crap. There are some youngins that read. I'm youngish, though far from hip.
Posted by Pick1 on November 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 13
Hey! I might be young, hip, urban and quite possibly stoned ..but I most certainly DO NOT read the Stranger!! (32 is young, right? Right.)
Posted by ArtBasketSara on November 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM · Report this
SO WHY DID THE STRANGER FIRE HIM?
Posted by Algernon on November 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 15
Why do those back east tax-subsidized "conservatives" hate our Seattle job-creating taxpaying activities so very very much? Were they planning on exporting those US jobs to their Comrades in Red China or something?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 16
@10 and @13 tied for the Pot Stoned Hipster Spectrum win of the Day!
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM · Report this