Friday, August 15, 2014

Fair Weather Report: Get Ready to Start Hearing About the Seahawks All the Time Again

Posted by on Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:33 PM

These guys, again?
  • Kelly O
  • These guys, again?

That's right, Slog, you thought your long national nightmare was on hiatus for another couple months, but I am happy to report that it's not. The Seahawks started the preseason by losing 21-16 to the Denver Broncos at Mile High last week. I missed this game because I was on an airplane. But by all accounts, the Broncos were out for blood. They needed that psychological win, so they left their first-stringers in longer and the grasp for straws worked.

All the young dudes were out there to prove themselves and maybe or maybe not give each other concussions. Other than that, there was a scuffle for which Seahawks corner back Tharold Simon, who has yet to secure a roster spot, was ejected; a lightning delay; and a terrible field. The day of the game, the Denver Post ran "It Matters" across their front page, because, you know, nobody puts a lot of stock in preseason games. Denver fans need all the hope they can get in this troubling time.

In other Seahawks news, running back Marshawn Lynch was recently accused of going Beast Mode on a lady and some of the lady's property in Bellevue. The charges were summarily dropped after the police determined they were unfounded. This all reportedly stemmed from a tweet that Lynch had been arrested early Sunday morning, an assertion that Bellevue Police were quick to refute. The Seahawks released a statement saying the charges were "bogus."

From Seattle P.I.:

The alleged incident occurred during Seahawks training camp, at which the NFL team’s players stay at a Bellevue hotel and are subject to a curfew. ESPN reported Wednesday that the Seahawks provided proof to the Bellevue P.D. that Lynch had been in his hotel room at the time of the alleged incident.

Lynch had initially planned to skip the mandatory training camp in an attempt to go Beast Mode on his current contract, which he signed two years ago at $30 million for four years. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed in all scenarios, so he can just go Beast Mode on his job. At 28, Lynch is considered "old" in NFL terms. If you are interested, the Seahawks play another exhibition game against the San Diego Chargers tonight at 7. Or you could just go out, because everybody knows these games don't matter.

care bear 1
Don't tell me what to do. I don't want to go out. I am going to put on soft pants and my Seahawks t-shirt and watch this game on my 13" tv.
Posted by care bear on August 15, 2014 at 1:04 PM · Report this
go hawk
Posted by JPDarche on August 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM · Report this
FTW999 3
How can I avoid hearing about football all together?
Posted by FTW999 on August 15, 2014 at 1:32 PM · Report this
Hernandez 4
I'm going. Mainly because I wanted to see at least one game in person, but regular season game tickets are like $400+ now. It will still be fun, at least it won't be cold!
Posted by Hernandez http://hernandezlist.blogspot.com on August 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM · Report this
Slog should run some stories on NFL contracts. They may mostly be making a ton of money, but the owners and coaches make lots more, guarenteed, and don't risk their lives on the field.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on August 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM · Report this
Gurldoggie 6
By running these stories you become part of the problem. For everyone's sake, please retire the sports beat and concentrate on your core strengths - exposing abuses of power, music reviews, and letters from God.
Posted by Gurldoggie http://gurldogg.blogspot.com on August 15, 2014 at 2:13 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 7
@3, when the Seahawks start getting their asses kicked game after game The Stranger will drop them faster than a small dicked boyfriend
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on August 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM · Report this
Please let them lose their first several games so all of this misplaced enthusiasm dissipates. It's such a trivial thing to get so excited about, and much too bro-tastic for the SLOG.
Posted by shotsix on August 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 9
I took a shot and checked out tickets for tonight's preseason game against San Diego, since my son's in town for this week.

Wouldn't you know there were some for sale!

I found a pair for $60 a piece, resale, which is less than the face value.

Guess a scalper got scalpped.

There's still lots more if anyone is looking for a fun Friday!

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on August 15, 2014 at 2:52 PM · Report this
Posted by raku on August 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM · Report this
Posted by venomlash on August 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM · Report this
danewood 12
@8

Translation: I don't want people to show enthusiasm for things I don't like because I'm a child.
Posted by danewood on August 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM · Report this
Just Jeff 13
Meanwh8le, King County Metro is providing free advertising on bus reader boards to this multimillion dollar corporation. Go Seahawks!
Posted by Just Jeff on August 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM · Report this
There is one awesome thing about football and hockey games: the faux-man skinny jeans crowd tends to stay away.

I honestly think the skinny jeans crowd is afraid and intimidated by manly sports.
Posted by how skinny are your jeans? on August 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM · Report this
I'm surprised this article contained no mention of the sustained desire to eliminate one of the last vestiges of collective acknowledgement that the natives exist, or ever did exist.

The number of concussions per game depends upon the position.

RB takes the most. I'd give LB second.
Posted by sfdlkjhfdjkfhdssdkl on August 15, 2014 at 6:42 PM · Report this
#8, just because I can tear your face into five parts and feed it back to you before you finish your Nietzsche parable doesn't mean I'm a bro.

Slog's so important, and all.
Posted by fdsljkfdlk;jsdf@fdlsjfdljf on August 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM · Report this
word3 17
@14 I thought you (Driscoll) were on vacation?

The skinny jean crowd is more interested in sumo…..

Posted by word3 on August 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM · Report this