Thursday, August 7, 2014

Every Child Deserves a Mother and a Father

Posted by on Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

A white teenage girl in Oklahoma spotted her father's SUV and walked up to it. According to jail records, the black boy she was with introduced himself to the girl's father as his daughter's boyfriend, and so dad—a cop—reportedly pulled out his gun and shot the boy dead. He also allegedly fired three shots at his daughter. Both the girl's father and mother (also a cop) are under arrest—dad for first-degree murder, mom for accessory to murder after the fact.

DAVIDinKENAI 1
If only the father had hated racists more than he hated blacks, this could have ended all for the better.

Also, maybe a little better screening for police department hiring?
Posted by DAVIDinKENAI on August 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 2
Well, at least he wasn't gay. (Probably.)
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on August 7, 2014 at 5:25 PM · Report this
In Florida, this would be a clearcut case of Stand Your Ground, and the shooter goes free.
Posted by RDPence on August 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM · Report this
sperifera 4
I'm confused. Usually racists raise the next generation of racists. A baby does not know hated and racism innately. It is 100% a learned behaviour.

Either the daughter had broken the cycle, or she was trying to send a message to Dad.
Posted by sperifera on August 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM · Report this
DAVIDinKENAI 5
It's a Bible Belt trifecta today - murderous racist cops in Oklahoma, and Missouri with a two-fer: the "Shoot me with the (not) unloaded gun" and the dog-fucking preacher.

Those gay-marriage bans sure seem to be keeping them in God's good graces.
Posted by DAVIDinKENAI on August 7, 2014 at 5:43 PM · Report this
nocutename 6
@5: I am so damn glad I live where I live.
Tell me again why we shouldn't split the country in two?
Posted by nocutename on August 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM · Report this
venomlash 8
What the actual fuck.

@7: 6/10 troll, try just a little more subtlety next time.
Posted by venomlash on August 7, 2014 at 7:45 PM · Report this
Nice one Dad.
Posted by LavaGirl on August 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM · Report this
Nocutename, thinking the same thing. Re being glad I live where I live.
Posted by LavaGirl on August 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM · Report this
DAVIDinKENAI 11
@6 Nocutename: Because then, instead of "fly-over states", we'd have a fly-over country separating us? I already have that, but AK would probably be one of those nut-job states you'd (very reasonably) want to cut loose.

It does pose an interesting alternative time line - what if Lincoln had said, "Fine, secede." Would the USA now be some sort of South Canada or like the Netherlands except with natural resources and some acreage? While the CSA would be like Apartheid South Africa waiting for its Nelson Mandela?
Posted by DAVIDinKENAI on August 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM · Report this
FTW999 12
This is written very strange. The girl went up to the SUV... and then what?
Posted by FTW999 on August 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 13
Seattleblues doesn't understand why the man is being charged with a crime.
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on August 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 14
@13 FTW
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on August 8, 2014 at 2:21 PM · Report this
nocutename 15
@DAVIDinKENAI: Maybe Lincoln did the wrong thing.
I'm almost serious. Sometimes divorce is for the best.
Posted by nocutename on August 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM · Report this