Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tokin' of Appreciation: A Survey of the Best Pot-Smoking Songs

Posted by on Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Back in 2012, when Sleep's mighty Dopesmoker album was reissued, The Stranger ran a survey of songs that will enhance your marijuana experience to the utmost. Now seems like a good time to revisit it. Dank me later.

ScrawnyKayaker 1
I'm glad it's been a slow news day, aside from Germany vaporizing Brazil. The relentless barrage of weed stories is hilarious.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on July 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
I was young and stoned a very long time ago. I like this. It reminds me of Frank Zappa. My stoner band was Moody Blues.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on July 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM · Report this
I like to listen to the soundtrack music of Erich Wolfgang Korngold. One time, I'm pretty sure I physically became Errol Flynn.
Posted by Pope Buck I on July 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM · Report this
The entire Blow Your Headphones album by The Herbaliser.
Posted by rhombus on July 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM · Report this
Sachi 5
I had to many stoner bands to list. Grateful Dead’s Anthem of the Sun, various Floyd albums, Santana’s Caravanserai, Alice Coltrane’s Lord of Lords, Herbie Hancock, Butterfield Blues Band’s East-West, Cream’s Wheels of Fire, Jefferson Airplane’s first few, Duruflé’s organ works, etc.
Posted by Sachi http://web.me.com/thorw/Claire_and_Sachi on July 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM · Report this
seandr 6
The Nile Song by Pink Floyd.
Posted by seandr on July 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM · Report this
Fnarf 7
"Jazz Raga" by Gabor Szabo. Or "The Sorcerer".
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on July 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM · Report this
Afroman, "Because I Got High", a fun sing-along, as well as both a hysterical and hysterical warning about pot.
Posted by I'm singing this whole thing wrong because I'm high on July 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM · Report this
Keekee 10