Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dear Marijuana Packaging Manufacturers—Allow Me to Offer My Proofreading Services

Posted by on Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM

After taking a close look at the package of cannabis Dom bought during today's marijuana bonanza, I saw only one significant problem: You folks need proofreaders.

This sentence, for example, could use some help:

potlabeltyp.jpg
  • bk

Points for the serial comma, though.

So if you're a cannabis label-maker and want a copywriter, or just an extra pair of eyes to make sure you don't sound like a goofball, help me help you by emailing brendan@thestranger.com.

Rates are negotiable.

icouldliveinhope 1
I'll do it for $20 an hour. I WORK CHEAP.
Posted by icouldliveinhope on July 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 4
I had to check out Amsterdam pot cafes are Interesting time, but ultimate very underwhelming. Thot of it caus that Frankenstein Lemon, the cafes had a bunch of stupid names on a menu board. Stoners are weak like the comment abuv
Posted by dnt trust me on July 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM · Report this
Call me Scott 5
If that comma preceding the 'and' is the serial comma, I consider a serial comma an idiotic device.
Posted by Call me Scott on July 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM · Report this
Call me Scott 6
OK--I retract my last statement after educating myself regarding the serial comma. Never, mind.
Posted by Call me Scott on July 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM · Report this
Sandiai 7
We've discussed that comma many times on Slog. Brendan, no doubt, is aware of what it's called.
Posted by Sandiai on July 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM · Report this
Serial comma, Oxford comma, Harvard comma, U.S. Government Printing Office Style comma—take your pick!

And please enjoy this visual guide to its usage.
Posted by Brendan Kiley on July 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM · Report this
Marijuana labelers, do you really want to hire somebody who needs an editor himself? Didn't think so.
Posted by treehugger on July 9, 2014 at 6:02 AM · Report this
Yes, I'm sure they will see sales skyrocket with improved grammar on the labeling.
Posted by bigyaz on July 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM · Report this