Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What Do You Think of the St. Vincent Trailer?

Posted by on Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I think St. Vincent is really going to depend on Bill Murray in a way that not a lot of movies have had to depend on Bill Murray lately. Murray has become a cameo artist, the kind of actor who just floats in and out of movies, improving pieces of them before disappearing. The last two movies to really star Bill Murray were Broken Flowers and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, which came out almost a decade ago. (I don't include Hyde Park on Hudson, because that was barely a movie at all.) Can he still do it? Is he still able to maintain a character for more than 25 minutes of screen time? What do you think?

I honestly want to see this movie.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on July 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM · Report this
I'm in.
Posted by longball on July 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM · Report this
What. No love for Murray in "Get Low" in 2009?
Posted by tkc on July 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM · Report this
biffp 4
There should be 'OMFG, love it' choice? Looks like Gran Torino, but with Bill Murray instead of the elderly man who talked to an empty chair Obama at the RNC. I do hate that female characters have to be strippers, but Naomi Watts.
Posted by biffp on July 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM · Report this
Gurldoggie 5
Hey! Bill Murray just crashed my Slog comment!
Posted by Gurldoggie http://gurldogg.blogspot.com on July 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM · Report this
chaseacross 6
Was that... hitman Mike from Breaking Bad as a priest?
Posted by chaseacross on July 2, 2014 at 8:31 PM · Report this
What? Hyde Park was easily as good as those others mentioned. His best since Lost in T. Really subtle performance and movie.
Posted by DawginExile on July 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM · Report this
But - now - after watching the trailer - I think you were trying to say - Back to classic form Bill Murray. Raunchy, flippant, hilarious.
Posted by DawginExile on July 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM · Report this
There are a handful of actors that are interesting to watch no matter the role. Bill Murray is one of them. Funny or not, depressing or not, he makes us want to watch him. Sure, I prefer a film where he is center stage, but he's given us plenty of that in the past. I'm just glad he continues to take roles, however small. At least we still get to see him.
Posted by Bugnroolet on July 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM · Report this
This looks like such a cliche of a movie, but a nice cliche with a lot of actors I really like. I'm in.

But they should ban Spirit in the Sky from movie trailers.
Posted by aurora f on July 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM · Report this