Sunday, May 25, 2014

Now Here's a Festival Jacket

Posted by on Sun, May 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM

here
  • bree mckenna
  • No bedtimes!

delirian 1
That doesn't make sense. What about Master Splinter?
Posted by delirian on May 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM · Report this
raindrop 2
Will there be a "Best of Sasquatch" later on? I'll wait for that.
Posted by raindrop on May 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM · Report this
Sean Kinney 3
First person to mass-produce 'feminist' hoodies with that script gets to buy a big house on the Hill.
Posted by Sean Kinney http:// on May 26, 2014 at 7:10 AM · Report this
I used to write band names on my jean jacket. I was 12.
Posted by Agrippa on May 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM · Report this
fletc3her 5
I'm not sure Sasquatch is a big news event.
Posted by fletc3her on May 26, 2014 at 8:46 AM · Report this
#5

Neither is Memorial Day, apparently.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on May 26, 2014 at 9:03 AM · Report this
At one of my jobs, many moons ago, my coworkers and I took to using Sasquatch as a code word for "massive shit". As in: "I think I need to lay off the chilli burgers and whisky, I had a Sasquatch this morning and I think I tore something".

This helps me laugh through the super boring "reporting" from a venue and festival I care nothing about.
Posted by leighzbohns on May 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM · Report this
8 Comment Pulled (Trolling) Comment Policy
Max Solomon 9
@6: your memorial day post will be up any minute, old man.
Posted by Max Solomon on May 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 10
@5, The Stranger should change it's name to The Rocket. The minimum wage fight pretty much killed off it's news reporting.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on May 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM · Report this
blip 11
That's just ugly.
Posted by blip on May 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM · Report this
sperifera 12
@10 - Yup, pretty much. Goldy's departure set the table for it.
Posted by sperifera on May 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM · Report this
Hey SLOG, given that your website has been joined and now completely taken over by the former Line Out and its constant spam of music posts of interest to extremely few habitual SLOG readers, how 'bout if the former SLOG secedes and creates a Stranger News Blog.

If necessary, you can use the name "Line Out", I understand it's available.
Posted by Warren Terra on May 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM · Report this
dnt trust me 14
@12

hey, since Goldie is gone, let's spend the rest of this thread talking about him and his interests. I know it's difficult because he didn't start this post, but we don't need him to spoonfeed us little tykes to get our thinking caps on. Who wants to chat about Sawant? about a sports stadium? about gardening? Oh forget it, I'm just so lost without Goldie. Boohoo. Who will hold my hand now when I cross the street?
Posted by dnt trust me on May 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM · Report this
stinkbug 15
Fun fact: Only 83.3% of the last 24 music-related posts have been about Sasquatch. Recently polling suggest that most people think that percentage is way higher.

Posted by stinkbug on May 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM · Report this
Banna 16
slog.in and slog.me domains are available: I vote for slog.me.
Posted by Banna http://www.ucp.org on May 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 17
This isn't about Goldy: it's about the fact since he was invited to leave *ahem* they haven't brought on anyone to do news reporting and commentary.

Now on to music coverage with some anal sex talk!!!
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on May 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM · Report this
Sean Kinney 18
@8. FFS. Misogynists must, by definition, lack self-awareness.
Posted by Sean Kinney http:// on May 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 19
cato, with all due respect, I must first say I'm not interested in news per se. But from my standpoint, Anna, Dominc and Ansel are doing as fine as job as Goldie. Can you name some of the "spark" Goldie had that people seem to allude to and that I'm missing? One guess I have is how cooly he threw off that tasteless dead baby joke of his. Very suave.
Posted by dnt trust me on May 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM · Report this