Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Restaurant Recommendation for Salad

Posted by on Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM

• cafepresseseattle.com
  • Cafe Presse's salad of zucchini, escarole, pecans, sultanas, and aged sheep cheese with a lemon-garlic vinaigrette.

Sometimes people ask me for restaurant recommendations. I always answer, and Slog commenters always have good suggestions too. Grant texts...

Where is a place with good salads? (My dad is doing Weight Watchers and I'm taking him out to dinner tonight.)

This is what I just texted back to Grant, off the top of my head:

Cafe Presse! Get the assiette de crudites [that's a plate of five excellent raw vegetable salads]... and the zucchini salad. Hi! XO

Cafe Presse has its new spring menu in effect, and it looks GOOD. And they always have my personal favorite salad in the world, the salade verte. (Did you know you can make this at home? Here is the recipe! Note that the "About 4 servings" part is wrong, and that the "Note that this recipe makes about 2 cups vinaigrette, which would be enough for quite a few salads" is right.)

Oh! And here is an entire article about all our favorite salads here at The Stranger. I will text Grant again. Now I want salad.

Grant Brissey, Emeritus 1
SALAD
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on April 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM · Report this
biffp 2
Walrus & Carpenter has great salads. I love the melon, feta and basil with olive oil and the chopped Brussels sprouts salad. As of last Tues, it was:

roasted beets, pistachio, arugula, blue cheese, maple vinaigrette *(14)

citrus salad, avocado, crab, watercress, orange citronette (14)

butter lettuce salad, walnuts, radish, dijon vinaigrette (12)
Posted by biffp on April 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM · Report this
Are you kidding me? Seattle Salads, duh!!! http://seattlesalads.com/
The lime peanut is awesome. The NW jalapeno is my favorite though with bacon and potato chips it's not really a diet salad. They just opened an outdoor dining area.
Posted by reap&sow on April 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 4
The salad days are over, Bethany.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on April 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 5
Our salads were delicious. Thanks, BJC.
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on April 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM · Report this
gingersnap 6
sultanas? please, this is 'Merica - GOLDEN RAISINS
Posted by gingersnap on April 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM · Report this
gingersnap 7
but seriously tho, love a good salad - ni├žoise is a go to for dinner...
Posted by gingersnap on April 24, 2014 at 8:27 AM · Report this
This looks SO GOOD. WANT SALAD NOW.
Posted by Jenkitty on April 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM · Report this