Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Capitol Hill Block Party Headliners Announced!

Posted by on Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Save the dates! Capitol Hill Block Party 2014 will take place July 25-27.

Who are the headliners this year? Well, we have A$AP Rocky, Chromeo, Matt and Kim, the War on Drugs, Odesza, Sol, A$AP Ferg, Beat Connection, Star Slinger, Spoon, Budos Band, Tanlines, XXYYXX, Angel Olsen, Poolside, Cymbals, and Shy Girls. I took the liberty of making you a sweet Spotify Block Party playlist to blast while you check out discounted 3-day and VIP passes, which became available exactly one minute ago!

CHBP tells us:

With just 101 days until the gates open, a limited number of discounted three-day passes will go on sale today at 9 a.m. for $99. For the first time ever, CHBP will offer a very limited number of VIP tickets for $250. VIP Packages will include express entry, limited edition apparel, complimentary beverage, a CHBP poster, and gifts from our sponsors.

Order your tickets here -- > capitolhillblockparty.strangertickets.com

Stay tuned for the full lineup announcement and details regarding the visual arts program, creative installations, and digital activities!

A$AP Rocky opened for Rihanna @ key arena. He SUCKED! Really is that the best lineup you could get? I'll pass.
Posted by Erok on April 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM · Report this
Wow for the second year I have no interest in this what so ever. I'm sure it will be dope though, still one of the best parties of the year.
Posted by North by Northwest on April 15, 2014 at 9:37 AM · Report this
Screw Dave Meinert. Not going to this anymore.
Posted by fifteen bux on April 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM · Report this
Why Do they call it a block party if its not free? hurrdurr dur
Posted by Juan_Valdez on April 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM · Report this
And the giant sucking sound of the two weekend Sasquatch debacle has had it's lasting effect. Where are the big names? Nothing? At least Spoon was able to salvage something after Sasquatch part deux was canceled, but this weak lineup undoubtedly is a result of the commitments bands made to the July Sasquatch.
Posted by Llalalllalalalalalla on April 15, 2014 at 9:46 AM · Report this
seattlestew 6
Will J├Ągermeister be served? Will it be epic and legendary? The locals from The Hill (hee hee) will doubtless want to duck and cover as all the outside douchebros invade their quiet community. What could be attracting these unscrupulous drunks?
Posted by seattlestew on April 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM · Report this
@3, I agree. Same for his mediocre bars & restaurants.

Dave Meinert hates women.*

*why else would he support a "tip credit"?
Posted by fad on April 15, 2014 at 10:18 AM · Report this
The War on Drugs and Angel Olsen.....count me it.
Posted by reaganyouth on April 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM · Report this
SOL is terrible. Sorry.

Spoon is great. Yeah!
Posted by Kerry Prender on April 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM · Report this
@6

I'm curious.....what band do think will bring the "douchebros?"
Posted by reaganyouth on April 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 11
I really like the cut of this lineup's jib.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on April 15, 2014 at 11:20 AM · Report this
Do I have to feel old if I haven't even heard of half of these people?
Posted by The CHZA on April 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 13
@12 this is Seattle, that's pretty normal here
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on April 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM · Report this
The Bellevue bros are gonna love this shit. Fuck this shit.
Posted by Trollytrolltroll on April 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM · Report this
Man, can't wait for this!
Posted by BellevueBro on April 15, 2014 at 12:30 PM · Report this
I look forward to not being able to go about my daily activities.
Posted by dhammy on April 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM · Report this
mario's nnoO
Posted by tempehranchero on April 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM · Report this
s.maxim 18
chbp is awesome for our community. I feel so much more connected to my neighbors as a result of it.
Posted by s.maxim on April 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM · Report this
Samuel Danger 19
I'll pass as well. This line-up is catered to the assholes. No offense I guess you really know how to get the Bellevue bros out to a show and you really know where your market is at this point. I'll see everyone else at Timbr.
Posted by Samuel Danger on April 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM · Report this
Budos fucking kills, but seriously... this line up needs help.
Posted by Ray Shackleford on April 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM · Report this
Sell me a VIP ticket that guarantees me a 3 ft radius of open space around me at all times and I might bite.
Posted by j.lee on April 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM · Report this
IndicaDogwalk 22
This will be a nice opportunity for even more straight bros and assholes to "discover" Capitol Hill.
Posted by IndicaDogwalk on April 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM · Report this
What's worse a bellevue bro or a self-righteous hill dweller?
Posted by Geo Gonzo on April 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM · Report this
I sure did enjoy A$AP Ferg and crew lead the crowd in a chant of "Suck my dick!" at Coachella.

Edifying.
Posted by $oleil on April 15, 2014 at 7:48 PM · Report this
i'm sure they're swell kids, but beat connection got their start djing frat parties. =(
Posted by gentrification station on April 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM · Report this
26 Comment Pulled
34x42 27
this thing is like an ex girlfriend that visits once a year, and just reminds you how things can go from carefree and positive to an old memory that in no way resembles current reality, and illustrates the slow decay of things.
Posted by 34x42 on April 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM · Report this
RIP Capitol Hill, RIP block party. I can't wait for the class-wars to start burning the condos down.
Posted by Eric B on April 16, 2014 at 2:16 PM · Report this
#23, A Bellevue bro. A self righteous hill dweller is less likely to attack one of our own or verbally abuse them.
Posted by wrainy jo on April 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM · Report this
I guess all these poeple that go see a lot of these great artists (remember, it's a matter of opinion), apparently don't waste time commenting in the Stranger comments section. Ha ha. Yes everything was cooler when you were doing everything, blah blah blah. Tell us something new. WTH does Dave Meinert have to do with you not liking Block Party? He jumped out awhile ago I believe. Now that he doesn't run it, does that mean you'll like it again? Enjoy.
Posted by Steven Severin on April 20, 2014 at 1:34 AM · Report this
I feel old. I have no idea who any of those bands are except one.
Posted by Chandira on April 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM · Report this