Friday, April 4, 2014

Slog Tournament/Online Bull Ride - Vote!

Posted by on Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM

2014BullRide.jpg
The NCAA basketball tournament is happening, as we all know, or don't know. Now a Slog tournament is happening as well. A Hunger Games of blogging, and bull ride. Combatants going head to head. Previous tournament winners have been Derek Erdman, Barfly, and Jackie Hell. This year's field is stacked. Vote to see who moves on to the next round.

Lindy vs. Marshawn!? I can't even.
Posted by wagina on April 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM · Report this
BoyfriendoftheYear 2
I voted, but I don't know why. What is happening here?
Posted by BoyfriendoftheYear on April 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM · Report this
Trent Moorman 3
It's a tournament. The winner wins EVERYTHING.
Posted by Trent Moorman on April 4, 2014 at 12:45 PM · Report this
It's just a damn popularity contest with you kids!
Posted by Foonken2 on April 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM · Report this
care bear 5
Oh, not cool putting Lindy and a Seahawk together. How am I supposed to choose?
Posted by care bear on April 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM · Report this
@5: Easy: LINDY MOTHAFUCKA
Posted by Hanoumatoi on April 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM · Report this
In listing Marshawn Lynch's claim to fame, you left out the main thing - for me, anyway - that comes to mind: Beacon Plumbing spokesperson!
Posted by blob barker on April 4, 2014 at 2:28 PM · Report this
TheMisanthrope 8
@5 Easy: SEAHAWK MOTHAFUCKA

Seriously, I worry about labeling Lindy as a "thinker." Provocateur? Sure. Slang artist? Why not. Comedienne? OK. Thinker? Well, on the same level as Marshawn...
Posted by TheMisanthrope on April 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Lynch? Eh. He's just a football player.

Shoulda gone for Richard Sherman. He's a bad ass social commentator. (I'm dead serious.)
Posted by Moag on April 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM · Report this
Anna Anna Anna 10
Pope Francis is actually doing pretty well. Though he would be getting beat much worse.

and 9- you're forgetting "I'm just 'bout that action, boss." I'd argue that has had more profound social ramification than anything the selfish blabbermouth Sherman has ever said. Multiple songs and battle cries came out of Lynch's mouth and brain. I can't remember a single thing Sherman has ever said, except to cry and beg for attention. With one sentence, Lynch said more than anything Sherman will say in his entire lifetime.

BEAST MODE FOREVER
Posted by Anna Anna Anna on April 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM · Report this
mikethehammer 11
@10,

I'd gamble Sherman's Crabtree dis and self-proclamation was more popular than the "bout that action boss" quote. Depending on whether or not you're talking on a national level or just Seattle wide.

I'm kinda surprised Marshawn's kept this particular battle relatively close actually.
Posted by mikethehammer on April 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM · Report this
Masi 12
The Jackie Hell VS Rebecca Brown is an interesting matchup.
Posted by Masi on April 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM · Report this