Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cavity Search: I Found the White Cadbury Mini-Eggs!

Posted by on Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I referenced these a while back, and thought they were some unicorn candy only found in the UK, but I spotted them at a Target in North Carolina of all places.

AHHH

White Mini-Egg Mini Review: THEY ARE AMAZING! Though the package doesn't say they're supposed to be, the white eggs are bigger than the regular ones, and rounder, too. Coated in a thicker-than-usual lightly-speckled crispy candy shell (the feature that makes Mini-Eggs so good in the first place), with white chocolate inside! The sweetest of chocolates! I dig that sweetness because it's harder for me to take down an entire big bag of them, as is my spring tradition with the milk-choco variety.

Perfect for 4/20 Easterrrrr, just sayin'!

dnt trust me 1
oh shit, Easter is 4/20?!
Time to rise
; )
Posted by dnt trust me on April 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 2
White chocolate?

BLORRRRRTCH!!!!
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on April 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM · Report this
White chocolate is not chocolate. However, the dark chocolate iteration of these is way less delicious than the milk chocolate version, even though dark chocolate is usually the way to go. The world is full of contradictions. Just like Jesus.
Posted by g on April 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM · Report this
kitschnsync 4
thought they were some unicorn candy only found in the UK

My SO bought a bag at the Bartell Drugs in the Harvard Market, Capitol Hill.

The bag is sitting half-full in the cupboard, as it has for a week now.

I suspect she buys white chocolate because there is no danger of actually liking it.
Posted by kitschnsync on April 2, 2014 at 1:45 PM · Report this
kitschnsync 5
Update: I tried one.

@2 has it right.
Posted by kitschnsync on April 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM · Report this
theophrastus 6
screw this, did they have the @!$#'n dark ones?
(why advertise them, then turn it into a @#$'n mystery quest??)
Posted by theophrastus on April 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM · Report this
The dark ones are awful. It is strange, but true. They are WAaaY too sweet...don't really taste like dark chocolate so much as slighty dark chocolate someone dumped a gallon of corn syrup into.
Posted by g on April 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM · Report this
rob! 8
As far as I can tell, Cadbury chocolate (and "chocolate") products sold in the U.S. are manufactured by Hershey under license from Kraft/Mondelez since Cadbury disappeared as an English firm ca. 2007-2009, but they also outsourced to Poland and at some point for non-U.K. products started replacing some of the cocoa butter with palm oil, so who the fuck knows, but any or all of the above could explain the suckage.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on April 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 9
Geez you guys are a bunch of sour bears! Should I just review SOUR BEARS FROM NOW ON? It's cool, I truly used to think white choco (duh it's not choco) was icky too, but I'm crazy fond of it now.

Now if I ever start to like black licorice… oof.
Posted by Emily Nokes on April 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM · Report this
Non-black licorice is not licorice.
Posted by g on April 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM · Report this
I was just trying to be obnoxious/humorous in stating the obvious about white chocolate. I have failed, maybe. However, my feelings about the dark chocolate version of those eggs remain. STAY FAR AWAY! They're weirdly sickly sweet and the candy shells are just off. Maybe I can save others.
Posted by g on April 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 12
White chocolate tastes fabulous.

Go hate somewhere else haters.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on April 2, 2014 at 3:49 PM · Report this
treacle 13
I want Unicorn candy..! Does it taste like sparkles and rainbows floating on a cloud?

Emily, will you bring back a whole bunch for us? Or at least me, since I asked? Thanks! ;>)
Posted by treacle on April 2, 2014 at 3:50 PM · Report this
treacle 14
gummy bears are not bears.
Posted by treacle on April 2, 2014 at 3:50 PM · Report this
originalcinner 15
I don't get the hate for dark choc mini eggs. I don't normally like dark choc, but the dark mini eggs are wonderful.
Posted by originalcinner on April 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM · Report this
I may have inadvertently stated my own taste as if it was universal. But also, perhaps there is a hint in your statement that you don't normally like dark chocolate...I think they won't appeal to people who like that taste...they're even sweeter than the milk chocolate ones, and the shells don't compliment the chocolate as well in my opinion. Also, I have no idea why I keep adding to this thread...
Posted by g on April 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM · Report this
juan_martinez 17
Fruit of the Loom is not fruit
Posted by juan_martinez on April 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM · Report this
kitschnsync 18
Update 2: I was wrong about the sourcing of Cadbury White Mini Eggs in Seattle. Apparently they can be found exclusively at Target.

See, I added to the discussion, @9!
Posted by kitschnsync on April 2, 2014 at 7:50 PM · Report this
I want to thank you for your earlier review of the Cadbury Mini Eggs: found them last night at the 99 Cent Only Store, and they were heaven!

Now on the look out for the white chocolate version, at a discount!

Posted by judybrowni on April 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 20
@17,

I guess that's why my last Sunday brunch was so awkward.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on April 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM · Report this
Dr. Z 21
White chocolate is good with coffee.

In fact it is ONLY good with coffee.
Posted by Dr. Z on April 3, 2014 at 7:52 AM · Report this