Friday, March 14, 2014

Bartender Crush: Candice at Moe Bar

Posted by on Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Candice_Moe_Bar.jpg
  • Brooklyn Benjestorf

Name: Candice

Where: Moe Bar/Neumos/Barboza

Buy Her A Shot Of: Hornitos (but she doesn’t drink at work)

Ask Her To Make You An: Absolute Hibiscus Cosmopolitan Shot. “It’s my favorite shot to make people,” Candice says, “and it’s the girliest shot ever, but it tastes like happiness.”

What She’s Doing When She’s Not At The Bar: “Being an awesome mom and perfecting the art of potty training and working on all of my Disney princess voices. We have a dance party every day. You’d be surprised how hard it is to learn how to sing the ABCs more than one way, but I found one, and it’s better than the old way, I’m telling ya.”

Words To Live By: “You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.”

I’m going to let you know this.

Sing the ABCs to the tune of Girl From Ipanema. The letter Z lands on the Aaah at the end of the first verse.

My pleasure.
Posted by RuckRob on March 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 2
Candice is my dream lady.
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on March 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM · Report this
Best way to sing the ABC'S: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BjP5f0…
Posted by 07wsf on March 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM · Report this
Fnarf 4
I have to ask, Candice: why do you want to catch flies so bad?
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on March 14, 2014 at 5:43 PM · Report this
@1 Brilliant!! @3 yuck. I'm gonna go hum the ABC's from Ipenema now...
Posted by Beth on March 14, 2014 at 6:09 PM · Report this
Knat 6
Does anyone else hear "Dream Weaver" when they look at that photo? It's not just me, right?
Posted by Knat on March 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM · Report this
Simply put. Candice is the best.
Posted by Steven Severin on March 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM · Report this
hands down bitchiest bartender i've ever met. i'm industry. not difficult to deal with. she tried to 86 me for losing my card with the inability to find it in 45 seconds. I found it. She rolled her eyes and swiped it out of my hand.
Posted by linecook on March 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 9
@8 you prolly has it coming.
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on March 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM · Report this
@1 You need to register if you want people to see awesome comments like that. Many users hide unregistered comments.
Posted by David from Chicago on March 15, 2014 at 6:07 AM · Report this
T 15
Put a bowl of honey next to a bowl of vinegar, and see which gets more flies.
Posted by T on March 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM · Report this
line cooks are definitely industry if anything you bitch ass hoes that carry things from one place to another and call it work are fucking pussies. who provides you with the means to make your UNTAXED cash tips (because you obviously don't claim them). so i'm sorry that i was disappointed with the service from a girl who checked in with me once after nearly an hour (during a slow night) and then was upset with me when it took me under a minute to pay her.
Posted by linecook on March 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM · Report this
Candice is one of the nicest bartenders ever. I'd roll my eyes at you too "Linecook." now go make an omelette.
Posted by guacamole on May 19, 2014 at 12:48 AM · Report this