Wednesday, February 5, 2014

You Can't Scream Your Head Off All Day Long

Posted by on Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:24 PM

FROZEN Sing along with impunity!
  • FROZEN Sing along with impunity!

When you're done screaming for Seahawks/gawking at people screaming at Seahawks/avoiding people screaming at Seahawks, your city is ready to provide you with not one but two perfect post-rally film events, both happening today and today only.

Today at 4 pm at Ark Lodge Cinemas, there's a sing-along screening of the humongo-smash Frozen, which Stranger critic Denis C. Theriault hailed as "the first Disney musical in a long time that I can remember making me grin, laugh, and tear up, all while stunning my eyes with some of the most magical computer animation I've ever seen." UPDATE: I was wrong about this being a today-only thing and am happy to report the Frozen Sing-Along matinee continues daily through Feb 13!

Then, tonight at 7 pm at the Cinerama, there's a one-night-only screening of Lawrence of Arabia, David Lean's great-actor-packed epic which will be shown on the glorious Cinerama screen in 70mm.

See all of today's recommended film events here.

I presume that Lawrencde of Arabia is not a sing-along.
Posted by kinaidos on February 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM · Report this
David Schmader 2
Listen to your heart.
Posted by David Schmader on February 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM · Report this
Drat. I want to go to Frozen, but I'm working =(
Posted by Hanoumatoi on February 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM · Report this
My 1st grader has seen it 7 times. Including the sing-a-long last Saturday at the Ark Lodge. Seriously, just get out of its way!
Posted by Chili on February 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM · Report this
The Majestic Bay in Ballard is doing the Sing-Along screening of Frozen this weekend for those who can't make tonight's showing at Ark Lodge.
Posted by maeveh on February 5, 2014 at 2:59 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 6
It's either frozen or a scorching desert, is this a global warming thing?
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on February 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM · Report this
The Disney Frozen Sing Along is actually playing a daily matinee showing until 2/13. Thank you for the mention!- David McRae, Owner. Columbia City's Ark Lodge Cinemas.
Posted by CCALC on February 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM · Report this
David Schmader 8
Thank you, David! Sorry for the confusion, I'll fix.
Posted by David Schmader on February 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM · Report this