Friday, January 31, 2014

Headline of the Day

Posted by on Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:36 AM

KATU TV:

Jury finds woman guilty in attack on gay couple walking pink dog

UPDATE: I spoke too soon:

Pope Francis Blesses Parrot of Former Male Stripper

tainte 1
ah, jeez. who the fuck dyes their dog? everybody's an idiot in this story.
Posted by tainte on January 31, 2014 at 9:48 AM · Report this
I must admit to conflicted feelings about this one.
Posted by drawn on January 31, 2014 at 9:50 AM · Report this
Well, the headline is ambiguous. Maybe the attack was committed by someone else entirely, but the woman is guilty of dyeing the dog pink, thus inviting violence on its owners. Or maybe dyeing a dog pink is a form of attack?
Posted by dreadedwheat on January 31, 2014 at 9:52 AM · Report this
Fuck all of you and your "conflicted feelings" and the other insinuations that somehow the gay couple deserved the attack.

Fuck your bigotries -- because as you well know, that's the attitude that gives the idiot bigots the belief they have a license to bash.

You should be ashamed of yourselves, but I doubt you are, bigots.
Posted by judybrowni on January 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM · Report this
Who dyes a dog pink?

Not the same idiots who paint themselves in the colors of their favorite football team, but somehow that idiocy doesn't give the rest of us the license to attack those particular idiots.

Bigot.
Posted by judybrowni on January 31, 2014 at 10:03 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 6
@4,5,

FFS, settle down.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM · Report this
RhettOracle 7
In a city that doesn't care, the 'outrage' would involve a pink couple walking a gay dog. Parrotwise: I confess, Holy Father, for eating a communion cracker prior to my ablutions.
Posted by RhettOracle on January 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM · Report this
6 8
@4/5 Wow. Calm the fuck down. Yes, I logged in to post this.
Posted by 6 on January 31, 2014 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Did you see the picture? That dog was fabulous. And that woman was probably jealous as hell that she could not pull off that look. She was NOT fabulous in any way.
Posted by SeattleKim on January 31, 2014 at 10:07 AM · Report this
TheMisanthrope 10
She was found guilty of one count of Obstruction of Justice.

Huh?

What am I missing?
Posted by TheMisanthrope on January 31, 2014 at 10:10 AM · Report this
@4,5: good lord, calm down and breathe.

Of course the couple didn't deserve the attack. Am I a bigot because I am a gay man who finds the practice of dyeing a dog's fur pink to be gross?

I shouldn't have been flippant in my comment. For that I apologize.
Posted by drawn on January 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM · Report this
A pink poodle? Thanks for shattering those stereotypes, fellas.
Posted by Texans on January 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM · Report this
The woman looks like someone transplanted a small face onto a big giant head.

The dog looks kinda cute, and I don't even like poodles. I was expecting a less attractive shade of pink. The dog looks happy to be pink.
Posted by originalcinner on January 31, 2014 at 10:17 AM · Report this
My favorite part of that story is her lawyer complaining that "homophobic slurs tainted the jury".

Because when you beat someone with a tire iron, your motivation is nobody's business.
Posted by Texans on January 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM · Report this
"Convicted Masturbator Doesn't Get Off" is pretty good too.
Posted by aurora f on January 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM · Report this
seattlestew 16
I'd just like to state the unambiguous and obvious: the attackers are abominable, redneck trash who deserve prison. That's really all I take away from this story.
Posted by seattlestew on January 31, 2014 at 10:22 AM · Report this
Posted by drawn on January 31, 2014 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 18
What the hell does "blessing" a parrot do? Does it make its poo like holy water?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM · Report this
tainte 19
way to disarm the word "bigot", judybrowni. ya fuckin' idiot. i guess i should have stated (although i thought it was pretty obvious) that, yes, the person who attacked the gay couple is a complete piece of shit. as an ASIDE, dying your dog is pretty fucking stupid. there, happy?
Posted by tainte on January 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM · Report this
#6, #11 and #19, fuck you bigots and the heterosexually correct color dog you rode in on.
Posted by judybrowni on January 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 21
That pope/parrot/male stripper story is bullshit. The picture with the story has a pope and a parrot, but absolutely no male strippers in it.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 31, 2014 at 11:09 AM · Report this
@20: Ok, you win. I am bigoted against people who dye their dogs' hair to satisfy their own aesthetic whims. (and the color is irrelevant really)

No, these people did not deserve to be attacked. It is horrendous. Horrible. Awful. I hope the attackers face serious punishment.

Satisfied?
Posted by drawn on January 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM · Report this
tainte 23
fuck you, judybrowni, for advocating the HATE CRIME of dying a poor, defenseless dog.

HATE CRIME!
Posted by tainte on January 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM · Report this
I'm anti dog-dying. However, please READ the story. They did it with kool-aid. That's far less egregious than the fuckwits who pay my groomer to use actual dye on their dogs. I'd take my dog somewhere else out of protest, but she does a really great job with him (he gets a bath and trim...that's all).
Posted by Ms. D on January 31, 2014 at 11:29 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 25
@10,

From the context, it seems like she didn't do the attacking (her boyfriend did), but presumably gave false statements or some such to the police.
Posted by keshmeshi on January 31, 2014 at 11:48 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 26
@21,
How do you know the pope isn't a male stripper?
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 27
@26 - You son of a bitch.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM · Report this
yucca flower 28
It was kool-aide dye. And they dyed all three of their dogs temporarily for Easter. The pink one looks perfectly happy and healthy. This lady is a really ugly homophobe who's married to another really ugly homophobe.
Posted by yucca flower on February 1, 2014 at 5:28 PM · Report this