Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hey, Remember Yesterday When I Was Hoping for a Nicolas Cage Renaissance?

Posted by on Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I was so excited for a decent-looking Nicolas Cage movie that I had hoped it would relaunch his acting career. But Christian Nightmares posted some footage from the upcoming Cage-led Left Behind reboot and, yeah:

Uh, never mind.

Resident Clinton 1
It will be good if he Bad Lieutenants that role. Either way, I am kind of excited for the train wreck.
Posted by Resident Clinton on January 29, 2014 at 1:55 PM · Report this
"OH GOD NOT THE LOCUSTS! NOT THE LOCUSTS! THEY'RE IN MY EYES! ARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!"
Posted by Freudiandave on January 29, 2014 at 1:59 PM · Report this
Dougsf 3
In his defense, there's really no reason to try that hard on a film like that. The quality of the performances isn't going to effect the draw, might as well get the take and move on to the next.
Posted by Dougsf on January 29, 2014 at 2:11 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 4
This is the role Nicolas Cage was born to play!!!
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 5
You cannot have the good Nicolas Cage without the bad Nicolas Cage. They are intertwined. They are one. They are indivisible and inevitable. All you can do is allow the Nicolas Cage Trinity (we have not yet identified the third facet of Nicolas Cage) to be born and reborn, through all eternity.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 6
I really like him but I couldn't tell you why.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 29, 2014 at 3:44 PM · Report this
Whenever someone mentions Nic Cage, I somehow think of the amazing smile on that blonde gal from 'Valley Girl."
Posted by CPN on January 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM · Report this
Never been a fan. If he never made another movie, I probably wouldn't notice.
Posted by Clayton on January 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM · Report this
BostonFontSnob 9
I am actually planning to watch one of the his most nutzoid(yet largely forgotten) performances ever tonight with friends and whiskey. I give you "Deadfall"(1993)
Posted by BostonFontSnob on January 30, 2014 at 7:54 AM · Report this