and Drunks

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Here's the Republican Response to the State of the Union

Posted by on Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Compared to Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal, I thought Cathy McMorris Rodgers did an okay job giving the Republican response to the State of the Union address. By which I mean, she didn't shit herself on live television. But all she talked about was her own biography, giving off the condescending air of someone who can't understand why every American can't pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, the way she did. It was basically just a fairy tale, a bedtime story about how gosh-darn great everything would be if the Republicans only had their way. Here's the whole thing:

passionate_jus 1
Too bad (for her and her party) she'll be overshadowed tomorrow by this story:

NY GOP Representative Michael Grimm threatens the life of a NY reporter after being questioned about possible ethics violations.

I hope the reporter gets this asshole thrown in jail.

Posted by passionate_jus on January 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM · Report this
I laughed my ass off it was a mash up of a Hallmark card and a Santorum productions movie.
Posted by Machiavelli was framed on January 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM · Report this
lazy eye! what's with the couch? and who is paying for her maternal leave?
Posted by orly taint on January 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM · Report this
You can almost see the words on the teleprompter scrolling by as she speaks.
Posted by oldmanmiller on January 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM · Report this
josh 5
Poor woman seemed desperately thirsty, yet was forbidden from having a drink of water to avoid a repeat of Rubio's waterbottlegate.
Posted by josh http://www.sciencevsromance.net on January 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM · Report this
DOUG. 6
I found the chromosome comment a little weird.
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on January 28, 2014 at 11:08 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
Between her and the NY Grimm trying to be a Portland #Grimm it's the gift that keeps on Taking
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM · Report this
I though Jindal and Rubio were so much better, they at least talked about policy.
Posted by dkjndmsahksdhksal on January 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM · Report this
The only thing missing were the barnyard animals.
Posted by Totalpukoid on January 29, 2014 at 3:32 AM · Report this
We should all be alarmed. McMorris-Rodgers is proof the Republicans have perfected Stepford Wife technology.
Posted by Pope Buck I on January 29, 2014 at 7:00 AM · Report this
Too bad for her I'm too lazy to bother with these bootstrap things.
Posted by treehugger on January 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM · Report this
watchout5 12
I'm so glad she's praying for me I don't know what I'd do without those prayers.
Posted by watchout5 http://www.overclockeddrama.com on January 29, 2014 at 11:57 AM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 13
"...we are not defined by our limits, but by our potential."

And our potential is defined by what? Oh yes, that's right, OUR LIMITS. For fucks' sake, is there even the scantest bit of thought behind this vapid bullshit?
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on January 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM · Report this
@10 no kidding....checked out her Wikipedia page and she still looked human before she married
Posted by moonme on January 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM · Report this
@13: Also, I'm pretty sure that almost everything is defined by its limits. The size and shape of something is its limit... Even if it has the POTENTIAL to become something larger, it is defined by its current limits, not its future potential.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on January 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM · Report this