Thursday, January 16, 2014

We Are Looking For a Film From the Very First Year of HUMP!

Posted by on Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM

It was in HUMP! in 2005... it was animated... it was black and white line drawings... and it was about giant vulvas on T-Rex style legs/haunches stomping around Seattle. They took turns using the Space Needle as a sex toy. It was short and sweet, disturbing and awesome. We want to include it in the upcoming HUMP! Tour—but we don't even know the film's name. (Three cities have been announced, many more cities being schedule now—tell your out-of-town friends who've always wanted to see HUMP! to keep checking back!)

Help me, Slog, you're my only hope. Anyone remember the film? The title? Anyone know who made it? Did you make it?

It'd be great to watch the "Best of" all the Hump festivals. I know there have been a few years I've missed.
Posted by ishf on January 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 2
Do you not have publications from those days? It wasn't that long ago, surely an archive exists somewhere. Or did you not happen to publish any information about the movies or a list of winners at the first Hump?
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 16, 2014 at 3:52 PM · Report this
Maybe R2D2 has it saved in his memory file. Have C3PO find R2 and you will be saved.
Posted by SeattleKim on January 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM · Report this
New York, New York, New York, New York, New York?

Pretty pleeeeeeeease?
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on January 16, 2014 at 4:21 PM · Report this
Atlanta!
Posted by FGG on January 16, 2014 at 5:02 PM · Report this
Jubilation T. Cornball 6
@3 - In that case, R2D2 has broken the cardinal rule of Hump!
Posted by Jubilation T. Cornball on January 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM · Report this
Banna 7
Bet you wish you didn't publicly destroy your copies after the showing now. Put 'em in the vault says I.
Posted by Banna http://www.ucp.org on January 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM · Report this
passionate_jus 8
Please try to come to DC in the distant future!
Posted by passionate_jus on January 16, 2014 at 7:46 PM · Report this
rob! 9
That vibration you feel is the quaking-in-their-boots of everyone at the Banff Centre, 596 miles away.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on January 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM · Report this
yelahneb 10
@Dan - it was called ""Throbbinhood of Nookiehand".

Here's the full list, courtesy Poke The Kitty: http://pokethekitty.typepad.com/shelikes…
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on January 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM · Report this
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on January 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM · Report this
Great news! I suggested a HUMP tour last a while ago in a comment (Oct 7 according to The Stranger's archives, which seems to keep everything forever NSA-style).

Happy to see it's coming true!

I had also suggested a tour be tied to a charity project in each city with a % of ticket sales going to some local good cause.

Anyone listening? This would be a great way to promote a local sex positive organization in each city the HUMP tour visits...

If you come to NYC and wanna do the charity idea, the Red Umbrella project is a really worthy, underfunded, NYC-based sex worker non-profit advocacy and creative story-sharing outfit that could use some extra $$ and publicity. (And how could America's leading sodom & gomorrah not be on the original list of tour cities? We have way more weird kinky shit than San Fran, Seattle or Chicago combined yet no HUMP!)
Posted by delta35 on January 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM · Report this
Seeking advice from SLOG readers who've been to HUMP / HUMP organizers, about what screening time is most fun -- when it says Dan is hosting, does that mean he actually is gonna host all of them even when there up to 4 screenings on the same day, or only the first or last?

(That would be great, if all, but I could understand if not... 8 hours of non-stop hosting sounds rather exhausting even if it's just standing around saying a few words before each film starts....)
Posted by delta35 on January 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM · Report this
No offense, Dan, I know you are busy and have fired all of your expendible copy editors, but one google search turns up pages of results for that short!
Posted by blankk123 on January 22, 2014 at 5:35 AM · Report this
LaurenW 15
Oh Lord, the dilemma. On one hand, I'd love to see what I've missed in the years that I've been away from Seattle at the SF show. On the other hand, so would about 3/4 of my friends, many of whom have already bought tickets. Which means that they're going to see me at movie-size, and I'm going to see them seeing me, and I don't think there's an etiquette book that covers that one.
Posted by LaurenW on January 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM · Report this