Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Boring Report

Posted by on Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

boringreportjan14.jpg

Actually, not boring at all. Tunnel boring was completed on Capitol Hill well over a year ago (Sound Transit knows how to successfully bore tunnels, even if others….).

Capitol Hill Station is rising out of the ground at Broadway & E. John St. Link light rail service begins here in a couple years. Yay!
Posted by Citizen R on January 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM · Report this
You need to make some sort of mega gif out of these once they finish the project.
Posted by Dudley Moore on January 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM · Report this
Holy unnecessarily large mezzanine!
Posted by d.p. on January 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM · Report this
I am tired of the wall around the Boring Report zone, or rather all the art on the wall, even the newer stuff. I vote for just plain wall. We could all tag it!
Posted by Bethany Jean Clement on January 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 5
@4

Tag. You're it. Now make it happen.
Posted by dnt trust me on January 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 6
Anything on the streetcar next to it?

Have to detour around after I get my cheeseburger before class
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM · Report this
Gordon Werner 7
@6 on schedule for late spring / early summer. Last bit of track construction is happening on 14th ave S as we speak
Posted by Gordon Werner on January 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM · Report this
Fnarf 8
I'm bored. I'm the chairman of the bored.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on January 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM · Report this
It's almost a boring vacant lot again. I'm kind of sad there's nothing interesting to look at through the windows on John anymore.
Posted by shotsix on January 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 10
Fnarf, puns suit you well. I suggest sticking with it.
Posted by dnt trust me on January 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM · Report this
@4 curious statement that you are tired of all the art on the wall... anyhow, the program of turning a temporary construction wall into a venue for public art, and commissioning artists along the way, is a worthy one, no? I would love it if we had more "free" walls in the city a la TUBS, and if you know of any disused spaces in town that may be supportive of such an endeavor, let me know, and I'd be happy to work on it with you - talking to property owners, neighbors, etc... or really, the world is your canvas, tag away!
Posted by dk pan on January 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM · Report this
Did they get rid of that artist that wanted to put the check fighter on the ceiling of the station?
Posted by F111 on January 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM · Report this
Fnarf 13
@10, I'm sick of all the stiffs. I'm sick of all the dips.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on January 14, 2014 at 5:05 PM · Report this
*jet*
Posted by F111 on January 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM · Report this
Your New Values references are not going unappreciated, Fnarf.
Posted by Dave Segal on January 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM · Report this
fuck this boring shit.

did you girls see Danny on CNN tonite?!

Slog should be proud.

a panel with three gay guys and Our Little Danny was clearly the gayest. even without the godawful jacket. seriously, burning is too good for it.

and Danny managed not to fantasize on air about raping Rick Santorum.
at least not out loud.
or killing all republicans.
and there was no hardware licking, at least not on camera.

although we must admit Danny's advice about fucking before valentines dinner seemed very shallow after Frank Bruni told a heart warming story about an old gay dead ex-marine's honorable discharge. but Danny was wearing really loud sneakers so his story was good for the image he was pushing.

all in all we give it a 7.

on a scale of 100.
Posted by tommorow Danny will be on Hannity! on January 14, 2014 at 8:27 PM · Report this