and Drunks

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Inspired Label Writer at the UW Surplus Store

Posted by on Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Last week, I wrote about the great labels on the walls at the Art Institute of Chicago. When I re-posted to Facebook, Seattle artist Tessa Hulls (see her work now in this show) responded with a tip:

Tangentially related, whoever writes the descriptions for the items at UW surplus has a lot of fun with their job.

And indeed they do. (Be sure to scroll down past the first few items.)

Dr_Awesome 1
Shoot! I missed getting a Three Tier Hanging Disco Hula Thang!

For a dollar!!
Posted by Dr_Awesome on January 7, 2014 at 11:19 AM · Report this
Posted by seatackled on January 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM · Report this
I cannot believe how much time I just spent looking at that page, nor how much more I'm doubtless going to spend reading the rest of it.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on January 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM · Report this
Yes! There's a goat and a dog somewhere in the inventory (check under "Other"). The Stranger obviously needs to visit the surplus store, because they have a ton of chairs for 5 bucks, any one of which looks better than the back- and ass-breakers you all posted the other week.
Posted by meganc on January 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
What @4 said
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM · Report this
seatackled 6
@3, @4, @5

Not that you need to acknowledge it, but you didn't look at the link I pasted @2? It's about the label writer.
Posted by seatackled on January 7, 2014 at 4:51 PM · Report this