Monday, January 6, 2014

Washington Voters Are the "Biggest Pinheads" in America

Posted by on Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Because you legalized da weed!

"You're sending a message to the children of Washington and Colorado that this is now legal—it's fine for you to do it," says Bill O'Reilly, a human hairdryer who works at Fox News. "I am the voice of reason here!" says O'Reilly. He argues kids are going to use it more, folks will drive under the influence more, marijuana was completely unavailable to youth before, some kids who use pot get addicted to drugs, and that correlation is exactly the same thing as causation! He doesn't point out, though, that there are new penalties for driving high and, for the first time, kids trying to buy pot in Washington will face an ID check. Life is hard for Bill O'Reilly these days.

You can thank Scott Sunde at Seattlepi.com for the link.

Knat 1
Nobody tell him about alcohol.
Posted by Knat on January 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
Adults don't need a lecture from this..this harpy!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 3
"You're sending a message to the children of Washington and Colorado that this is now legal—it's fine for you to do it." Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children????
Posted by Matt from Denver on January 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 4
Obvious troll.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM · Report this
Dominic Holden 5
@3) It's kinda creepy how much these anti-drug types spend thinking of the children.
Posted by Dominic Holden on January 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM · Report this
Other people's children are decidedly not my problem. Hey Bill O'Reily, I know you don't believe in birth control or abortion, but for the rest of us, having a kid is a totally voluntary experience. Quit trying to hold me responsible for your mind virus.
Posted by wxPDX on January 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM · Report this
Reality never enters the picture for viewers of O'Lie-ly. His job is to scare the hell out of the old and the feeble-minded. This screed will work very well on them, sadly.
Posted by frankdawg on January 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM · Report this
COMTE 8
Dude sounds like he could really benefit from a little of the mellow...
Posted by COMTE on January 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 10
"now that that segment is over, get me a double scotch with a water back now goddammit!"
Posted by Max Solomon on January 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 11
and man, talk about a badge of honor!
Posted by Max Solomon on January 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM · Report this
lark 12
Dom,
I didn't view the segment. Nor do I care to. And, I endorse pot's decriminalization. I even inhaled it a few times. That said, it's not a badge of honor to be a smoker of weed. Ruth Marcus has a point:

I sure have been smelling a lot of it in my 'hood.
Posted by lark on January 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM · Report this
NotSean 13
I think legalizing pot IS thinking of the children. Even though it's still illegal to them, it will now be a safer kind of illegal... they'll be scamming safer product from safer sources with lower consequences and risks to their health and future adulthood. It's not ideal but it's still an improvement.
Posted by NotSean on January 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM · Report this
When you're a very wealthy old white guy, it's pretty easy to ignore the routine civil rights abuses from the drug war.

And you really could have made almost the exact same argument back in 1932 regarding alcohol that he made regarding marijuana.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on January 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM · Report this
Jaymz 15
@12 - I understand your position, and that of the linked article: Why create yet another "legal drug" that can hurt our kids? Why not just decriminalize the possession of cannabis, similar to a minor in possession of alcohol?

Well, currently kids (and adults) must break the law to get it, and come in contact with potentially nefarious types that traffic in much more than pot, and the kids can end up with a product laced with who knows what chemicals. The current system also suggests it is just fine to break a law when you don't like it (e.g., prohibition).

The slippery slope was passed long, long ago, and we are on a sleigh ride - cannabis has infiltrated society over decades of use. Let's take control of the reins, sanitize the product, and educate the kids (and adults) on delayed access for growing minds, and moderation in adulthood.
Posted by Jaymz on January 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM · Report this
danewood 16
If marijuana was so unavailable to teens how come it was so available to me as a teen in a rural small town in the 90s? I didn't even have to go looking for it.
Posted by danewood on January 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM · Report this
mkyorai 17
@14 I wonder what Bill would say if the police kicked down his door in the middle of the night, forced him to lie prone until they could cuff him, then rifled through his house and personal effects. I further wonder what he would say if they don't find anything worthy of arresting ol' Bill, and leave (I'm assuming a bit here, of course. They could easily find prescription painkillers, for example, which might be enough for an arrest if the cops wanted to make one badly enough). Maybe the cops even leave a card with a number to call to replace the door they kicked in, maybe not. Not their problem, really.

Of course, Bill isn't a minority living in a poor section of town, so this isn't something he's liable to experience, which is why he's convinced that people who object to the War on Drugs are pinheads.
Posted by mkyorai on January 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM · Report this
@17: I wonder how pissed O'Reilly would be if we implemented something similar to "stop and frisk" but for white collar crimes, as Jessica Williams suggested on The Daily Show.

Just random audits of wealthy white guys, that would disrupt what they were doing for long periods of time.

Fox is remarkably willing to forgo YOUR Constitutional rights (any except the 2nd amendment), but THEIRS are sacrosanct.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on January 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM · Report this
I am still wondering how to approach my wife about me much rathering our kid being down on the doobs after school vs drinking. She has no clue how high I get every night because you can't fucking tell the next day! How great is that? Meanwhile I'm worrying about a kid with one side of the family full of alcoholics and give-me-all-the-dicks as youths...
Posted by The CHZA on January 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM · Report this
mkyorai 20
@19 It's great, I suppose, but maybe you should, I dunno... talk to you wife about how you get high constantly? I'm not an expert on marriage or anything, but getting stoned off your rocker every night doesn't strike me as a particularly tenable long term relationship strategy.
Posted by mkyorai on January 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 21
Pulled a lever? LOL no that was a dick.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on January 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM · Report this
Frank Blethen's vodka distiller 22
Oh go fuck a loofa O'Whorely.
Posted by Frank Blethen's vodka distiller on January 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM · Report this
As a kid when I wanted weed I had to go to a weird guy who also dealt coke. When I wanted booze I just gave a homeless man 5 dollars + beer money and presto. One lead to me knowing a guy who sold hard drugs. The other lead to a homeless man making 5 bucks quick. I think I know which situation is worse for kids.
Posted by JonCracolici on January 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM · Report this
NaFun 24
That is exactly the message I am sending. Deal with it.
Posted by NaFun http://www.dancesafe.org on January 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM · Report this