and Drunks

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Internet Is a Race and You Won!

Posted by on Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I was in the woods for the last few days... so I just got around to reading the Reddit AMA that devoured the Internet earlier this week. You probably already read it because you are amazing. But for other folks who may have missed it: DoubleDickDude has two fully functioning penises, the pics to prove it, a boyfriend and a girlfriend, a sense of humor about his superpowers, and... almost more amazing than his two dicks... he has a mom who refrained from having him "surgically corrected" as an infant, the fate of most babies born with ambiguous and/or complex genitalia. Enjoy.

If you don't have time to read the entire AMA, Deadspin has a great greatest hits.

TomJohnsonJr 1
Wasn't it great! Thanks for encouraging more people to read it. The AMA form has developed so beautifully. Have you done one yet?
Posted by TomJohnsonJr on January 3, 2014 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 2
Yes, I've already read it, but it's still good that you posted this. It was a real hoot.

And I agree with Tom that you should do one.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on January 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM · Report this
Please have this guy on the podcast.
Posted by Mr John on January 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM · Report this
delirian 4
As one reddit commenter noted:
"Dominant cock" is not a phrase I've ever considered before.
Posted by delirian on January 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM · Report this
Seattle_1_scientist 5
Freakin' awesome way to start the year. 2014 is going to kick ass, I can tell.
Posted by Seattle_1_scientist http://https://twitter.com/bad__scientist on January 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM · Report this
saxfanatic 6
I want to get a T shirt - or perhaps underwear - that has "Prepare yourself, mortal" emblazoned on it.
Posted by saxfanatic on January 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 7
Why did he say it's not genetic? I thought genes are what give some blue eyes, some freckles, and some two penises.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on January 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM · Report this
sperifera 8
And now for something completely different: "A man with three buttocks!"
Posted by sperifera on January 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 9
I thought it was a joke and skipped it. Now I'm gobsmacked!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 10
@7, my guess would be that he absorbed an identical twin as he was in uterus, and the penis is all that's left. That wouldn't be genetic.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on January 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM · Report this
Julie in Eugene 11
@7 I have no actual idea if this is accurate in this case or not, but I assumed it would be not genetic because it's like a birth defect -- when some fetuses are developing in the womb, there's a mutation and it leads to a missing arm or an extra toe. It's not necessarily genetic, in that there's no "gene" for missing an arm. Like identical twins, it's just a random fluctuation (Okay, crazy thought -- what if this dude had a vanishing twin in the womb and he absorbed everything but his twin's penis...).
Posted by Julie in Eugene on January 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM · Report this
@10:
"... I did NOT absorb a twin. It's not genetic or inherited...."

@7:
If it was genetic, there'd be some mutation that causes it. Just as likely, something just went wrong during development for no particular reason, by pure chance.
Posted by migrationist on January 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 13
PP @9, me too! When I first heard about this, I just assumed: FAKE!, and didn't even bother to click. I'm stunned.

Still, good on his parents for not lopping off the extra wang when he was born, I guess.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on January 3, 2014 at 11:41 AM · Report this
TVDinner 14
Well, lots of people get extra fingers and toes....
Posted by TVDinner http:// on January 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM · Report this
raku 15
The moral of the story is that doctors should NOT be allowed to perform cosmetic surgery on children's genitals for any reason. I can't believe it's not yet banned. If a parent wanted their baby to have a nosejob it would be a scandal, but cosmetic surgery on baby genitals is an everyday occurrence.

Please ban ASAP.
Posted by raku on January 3, 2014 at 12:54 PM · Report this
saxfanatic 16
@15: Does that mean that circumcision is off the menu?
Posted by saxfanatic on January 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM · Report this
raku 17
16- Yes, absolutely.
Posted by raku on January 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM · Report this
raku 18
Baby circumcision. Of course adults can do whatever they want with their bodies.
Posted by raku on January 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM · Report this
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on January 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM · Report this
Thanks for this, Dan. I was wallowing in gloom because my genetic inheritance is screwing up my sex life, but when I read this it really cheered me up that some people are doing so well out of nature's lottery.
Posted by misspiggy on January 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM · Report this
sissoucat 21
For once I agree with raku. Cosmetic or religious surgeons have no place near babies' genitals.

If circumcision is so important for a religion, why prevent the faithful from voluntarily doing it in adulthood ?
Posted by sissoucat on January 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM · Report this
I have an extra spleen...
Posted by auntielarrie on January 6, 2014 at 10:05 PM · Report this