and Drunks

Friday, August 16, 2013

Bush for Clinton

Posted by on Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

My head hurts when I try to digest this information:

Former President George W. Bush’s daughter would like to see Hillary Clinton make another bid for the White House.

Barbara Bush, 31, tells People magazine in a new interview that the former first lady is “unbelievably accomplished,” and that she wants Clinton to run for president.

It's not an endorsement—when the time comes, Bush will fall in line and endorse whoever the Republicans pick—and it's not really important in the long run, but it's still totally fucking weird.

Worst news for a Clinton candidacy yet; a Bush ... nod?
Posted by MikeBoyScout on August 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM · Report this
emma's bee 2
It's really not that unusual for republicans to raise kids who are dems. Look at the Reagans, or my parents for that matter.
Posted by emma's bee on August 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 3
Maybe only liberals are 100% partisan 100% of the time.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on August 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 4
It isn't wierd, they are both war criminals.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on August 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM · Report this
That doesn't surprise me. She lives in New York City and is kind of a hipster (for her class background anyway). It would surprise me more if she were a Republican activist.
Posted by Prettybetsy on August 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM · Report this
He just wants to make her life a living hell.
Posted by butterw on August 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM · Report this
What Cascadian Bacon said.
Posted by Ansel Herz on August 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 8
Not really surprising. The 0.01% E-leets are all in it together, and any perceived differences in their agendas are due largely to the corporate media's phony political circus.
Posted by Original Andrew on August 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM · Report this
No, fucknuts, neither your father's nor husband's crimes are inherited.
Posted by ...you misogynist little prick on August 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM · Report this
W wants Hillary to run because he wants the sadistic satisfaction of having his brother Jeb steal the election away from her.
Posted by neo-realist on August 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 11
She's not a politician, is she? Why do we assume she'll "fall in line"?
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on August 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM · Report this
Cant say I agree Paul
Posted by Seattle14 on August 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM · Report this
Lew Siffer 13
Is there any other independent voters who crave candidates that are not ascendants to the throne? Fucks sake, it's barely better than medieval times.
Posted by Lew Siffer on August 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 14
Trust not a Republican who expresses a preference for a potential Democratic candidate. He/She has shit up his/her sleeve.
Posted by Bauhaus I on August 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM · Report this
I seriously hate to be the one to awaken the slumbering commenters here, but the Clinton and Bush families have made some serious big bucks working together lobbying for all those "free trade" agreements.

And Chelsea went to work at McKinsey & Company, helping to continue the neocon/neolib dream of offshoring all the jobs in America!

Nothing could be as predictable as this!

Posted by sgt_doom on August 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM · Report this
NotSean 16
A. I, too, wish for my rival party - every party - to nominate a competent candidate. I love my country a bit more than I love my party.

B. The Bushes and Clintons are friends. Their grandkids will marry and combine the dynasties. Their great-grandkids will simultaneously govern 12 states.
Posted by NotSean on August 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM · Report this
Why wouldn't Barbara vote for Mrs. Clinton in 2016? I could see her voting for Clinton over Santorum, Paul or any of the other clown car occupants who get the nod on the Repub side.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on August 19, 2013 at 4:33 AM · Report this