Monday, April 29, 2013

The Paramount Just Announced Tickets to Black Watch Tomorrow Night and Wednesday Night Are Now Two for One

Posted by on Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Brendan Kiley's review of Black Watch won't be on Slog until tomorrow, and won't be in print until Wednesday, but here's the Stranger Suggest preview for Black Watch, and I just snuck a peek at Brendan's review, and this paragraph makes me very much want to see it:

It is an intimate show, and the cavernous Paramount Theater has reduced its seating capacity from 3,000 to 419 for the occasion. The audience sits on the stage, just feet away from 10 tightly wound actors who spring from a Scottish barroom to Iraqi battlefields and back again. During one transition, soldiers are birthed from the inside of a pool table, cutting its red felt open from below with a long blade and standing back-to-back on its top with long guns in hand, nervously scanning the audience.

The two-for-the-price-of-one tickets for Tuesday's and Wednesday's shows are available online and at the box office up until showtime with no password needed, according to Seattle Theater Group public relations manager Antonio Hicks.

I'm going tomorrow night.

Cracker Jack 1
DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!! If Seattle is being so clueless that they're having to do 2-for-1 tickets, you guys are doing it wrong. This should have sold out instantly, especially at only 419 seats per show. Don't embarrass me, hometown folk!
Posted by Cracker Jack on April 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 2
Oh man, Cracker Jack, you must have taken a wrong turn. You're looking for the Theater Goers blog, right? Yeah, you're turned around, this is the Gay Hollywood Proletariat Rise Up blog. What you need to do is turn your car around, actually, do you have GPS?
Posted by dnt trust me on April 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM · Report this
hey if they have bag pipes I'm in.
Posted by Machiavelli was framed on April 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM · Report this
they have bagpipes ... Black Watch is great. You should go .. everyone should go.
Posted by olive oyl on April 30, 2013 at 8:17 AM · Report this
Cracker Jack 5
DTM: I live in NYC, I leave the GPS to my car service! ;)
Posted by Cracker Jack on April 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM · Report this
Saw it when it played here in NYC. It's great. Go see it.
Posted by Leo88 on April 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM · Report this