Friday, April 26, 2013

What Do You Think of the Mood Indigo Trailer?

Posted by on Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:29 AM

It's the new film from Michel Gondry, starring Amélie's Audrey Tautou:

TomJohnsonJr 1
Romain Duris holy shit YES.
Posted by TomJohnsonJr on April 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 2
I'll see anything with Audrey Tautou once. It was the only reason I watched parts of The Da Vinci Code.
Posted by Matt from Denver on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM · Report this
TomJohnsonJr 3
Hmm. Omar Sy cast as a servant again. He is cast in the next X-Men franchise pic; hope that can break him free of those roles (worst fear, his X-Men character turns out to be 'Professor X Wheelchair Pusher').
Posted by TomJohnsonJr on April 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 4
Maybe I'm just a racist, but nobody does whimsy like the French. When I saw "whimsy" among the poll options, I assumed I'd hate this, but then when I watched the trailer, I realized it was French whimsy... Fwhimchsy. I'm still working on what to call it.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on April 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM · Report this
They had me at, "Chloe has a water lily in her right lung." I love movies that combine specificity with surrealism!
Posted by Finish Tag on April 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM · Report this
This looks terrible. It looks like it has the substance of "Disney on Ice," plus good cinematography. I'd only be willing to consider it because trailers tend to make good movies look bad to me, but I'm pretty confident that it will stink.

There was a high groaner per second rate in this preview, so I've forgotten most of the doozies, but what's with the comic black servant who's so devoted to the couple? Who said that was a good idea?
Posted by Jude Fawley on April 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM · Report this
The fact that this is an adaptation of a Boris Vian novel gives me hope.
Posted by the shape on April 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM · Report this
The love child of New Girl and IP5.
Posted by henri the cat on April 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 9
Nice to see Roman and Audrey together again. And what is it about Roman Duris?
Posted by Bauhaus I on April 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM · Report this
Anne18 10
II like Audrey, but she's sick? Please not a quirky Ophelia flick! I'll see it, but if she dies, color me Love Story.
Posted by Anne18 on April 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM · Report this