Monday, April 22, 2013

Anthony Weiner...

Posted by on Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM

...is back on Twitter. And it sure looks like he's running for mayor of New York City. I'm all for post-sex-scandal comebacks—I didn't think Weiner should've resigned from Congress in the first place—but I can't support Weiner for mayor.

Pope Peabrain 2
He can run for whatever he wants. But he's got a screw loose if you ask me.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on April 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 3
Are you sure this isn't for his new Pocket Rocket website?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on April 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 4
I'm foggy on the sex scandal. Didn't he spray his cum on a bunch of doorknobs?
Posted by dnt trust me on April 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM · Report this
Kinison 5
Even if you get passed the obvious lie about someone hacking his twitter account, even if you can get passed he was sexting with other women (as you know, sexting leads to actual sex), he was doing it while his wife was 7 months pregnant!

Oh well, lets make it all about bike lanes!
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on April 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 6
@5 - Really? You were hoping Dan Savage, of all people, would harp on a petty sex scandal? I want you to look around the room for dimensional rifts. You might not be from this world.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on April 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM · Report this
Love the double standard for the GOP and Demos. Vitter - he of the diapers and prostitutes - is still in office. Even "accidentally" did a nasty tweet last year to someone other than his wife, but he's still in office and no one calls him on anything. Yet Weiner - who stupidly tweeted his wiener - gets nailed.
Posted by StuckInUtah on April 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM · Report this
OutInBumF 8
Yup- it's all about bike lanes, coming from Dan- a non-driver. I'm with Terry on Dan's obsession with bike lanes. But then Terry comes from E WA, where not owning a car means you're trapped in your house.
As for Weiner's weiner- he never should have resigned, but the hypocrites (rethugs) hold the Dems to a higher (double) standard.
Posted by OutInBumF on April 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 9
@5
You naren't me to tell ya, but MacCrodile is this here's Slog County Sherriff. Sure you may see him havin there donut and laughin with the good ole boys, butcha better careful, he's locked and loaded.
Posted by dnt trust me on April 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM · Report this
Mike Force 10
If he just grew a mustache and changed his name to Tony Strong, he could win any office.
Posted by Mike Force http://www.autotone.net on April 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM · Report this
TLjr 11
Janette Sadik-Khan for Mayor!
Posted by TLjr on April 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM · Report this
I can support Weiner. We need a mayor with balls. At least in his case, there's photographic proof.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on April 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM · Report this
delirian 13
I figure he is running with the expectation that he will lose, but knowing that with a few campaigns his opponents won't be able to bring up old shit that was previously discussed. Eventually, he will be able to leverage this so that it isn't discussed anymore. I think Newt Gingrich is playing the same game.
Posted by delirian on April 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 14
@13

Holy shit, that's right. Weiner is taking a page right out of President Gingrich's winning playbook.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on April 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM · Report this
raindrop 15
Wiener only has to look to our 42nd president to realize you can have a political future after engaging in disgusting sexual depravity.
Posted by raindrop on April 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM · Report this
Doctor Memory 16
It's hilarious that you think the next mayor of NYC is going to be anyone but Ray Kelly.
Posted by Doctor Memory http://blahg.blank.org on April 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM · Report this
So you can't support him for mayor, huh? And just exactly how long is it that you've lived in NYC?
Posted by Iowa John on April 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM · Report this
treefort 18
@5 Past.

And yes, we're past it.
Posted by treefort on April 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM · Report this
lolorhone 19
It was between him and his wife. Unless Weiner's sex life is somehow in direct conflict with his policy-making, I don't give a shit. Seriously.
Posted by lolorhone on April 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM · Report this
@18 - thank you.
Posted by daphne24 http://www.ohiosmart.org on April 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Keep in mind, he was sending graphic pics to women who didn't want them -- sexual harassment is always wrong.
Posted by nikastarr on April 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM · Report this