Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Zach the Track Will Not Be Stopped

Posted by on Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Zach the Track
  • E.S.
  • Zach the Track

Ever since he lost the gubernatorial race last year, former state Attorney General Rob McKenna has downplayed the likelihood that he’ll run again in four years.

But the state Democratic Party is taking no chances.

The party’s designated “tracker,” Zach Wurtz, is still shadowing McKenna at public appearances, looking to record him in hopes of capturing some damaging video that can be trotted out if the Republican decides to run for office again.

When I profiled Wurtz in October, he told me he lives for the moment when he feels himself getting inside McKenna's head. "I've been on the road with him since January 2011," Wurtz said. "With him, when he's speaking, big grin. He hates my smile. He hates that I'm winning."

Pope Peabrain 1
This made me smile. Thanks Zach!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on April 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM · Report this
seatackled 2
Poor guy. Hope they're paying him well and he's getting the chance to nail the McKenna children.
Posted by seatackled on April 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM · Report this
Kinison 3
What the hell? Losing the election clearly wasn't enough, Democrats have to pay someone to follow him everywhere he goes, recording everything he says in hopes that you can get some dirt to use against him in 4 years?

Thats pretty low and I don't care if Republicans in other states do it as well, were above that sort of thing. Way to keep politics in the gutter with Goldy.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM · Report this
seatackled 4
@3

I don't understand your point. Where did you get the idea that Goldy is paying this guy to do this?
Posted by seatackled on April 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM · Report this
Asparagus! 5
How is this low? It's somebody watching you talk.
Posted by Asparagus! on April 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM · Report this
I love the fact that this guy looks like he stepped out of the Bad News Bears or perhaps a Woodsy Owl commercial.
Posted by Joel_are on April 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 7
If I announce that I'm running for the GOP nomination, will the Democrats send a cute 20-something to follow me around?
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on April 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM · Report this
Kinison 8
@4 Its exactly the sort of thing Goldy would do, he's a political troll who obsesses over State Republicans, Apple Products and The Seattle Times. When it comes to kicking dead horses, Goldy is the man.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on April 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 9
@8 Are you saying Apple, Republicans, TST are all dead horses? Because that would be an error on your part.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on April 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM · Report this
This guy and others like him is the reason only douches get into politics these days.

Consider this: had Zach the Track been plying his trade in the 1930s, we never would have had FDR.
Posted by Corydon on April 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM · Report this
@10: So true--there were no douchey political tactics in the FDR era.
Posted by tiktok on April 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Zach Wurtz is the man!!!!!! I am so proud and so honored to have him as my friend!
Posted by Kim Jong Wen on April 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM · Report this
Zach is the man!!!!!! I am so proud and honored to be his friend!
Posted by Kim Jong Wen on April 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM · Report this