Friday, March 29, 2013

The Best of Slog: And It's Worth Every Penny

Posted by on Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Meet the Free Seattle Times: It's like the Seattle Times, but it's free! Also, it never endorsed George W. Bush!

Inside Man: Slog correspondent Joseph Landau was inside the Supreme Court while the Prop 8 and DOMA arguments were being made. Here's his first report, and here's his second report.

Too Terrible To Even Think About: This headline: "Driver Who Hit Four Pedestrians Blew Nearly Three Times Over Legal Alcohol Limit, Say Prosecutors."

Who Could Have Predicted That a Football Player Would Say Something Dumb? Meet Christopher Clemons, the Seahawk who thinks that gay football players should stay in the closet.

What's Your Drone Refund Policy? Homeland Security apparently doesn't want the SPD's lightly used drones anymore.

Wait, He Makes How Much? What's it like to be a paid signature-gatherer?

Best Slog Headline of the Week: Is from Jen Graves: "I Went to A Big Spectacle and All I Got Was This Big Spectacle."

He's for Liberty and Shit Like That: Sam Bellomio, never change.

Well, You Can't Give It to Homeland Security, Apparently: Eli Sanders wants to know: What does Slog think he should do with his drone?

And Finally: Here, via Slog tipper Rich, was the best cheap laugh of the week.

Will in Seattle 1
What's a penny?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on March 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM · Report this
seatackled 3
Nothing cheap about those laughs.
Posted by seatackled on March 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM · Report this
I thought you guys hated the Seattle Times? That Free Seattle Times is worthless. It's as if you are trying to help the Times illustrate that they are worth paying for.
Posted by ian on March 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM · Report this
Fnarf 5
I know this is off-topic, but I'm drunk on spring wine, so I can do anything I want. This here is the best music video of all time: Elis Regina doing her signature song:

Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on March 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 6
Just linked over to the Sam Bellomio article and watched the vids.

There's more than a few commenters on SLOG that think I'm nuts for some of the positions I take. But even I think this StandUPAmerica group is fucking batshit. At least i try to have a point when I post by overly long and sometimes rambling posts in desperate need of a copy-editor. I've spent 20 minutes on the net trying to figure out what this group's issues are. I'm as clueless about them as before I even heard of them.

Unfortunately, he's not alone. In Tacoma's political circles, we find the same bullshit. People come to city council meetings without anything to say, so they just sort of emote into the microphone. Even when they have a point, they pull a Howard Beale. They even turn on each other and begin launching personal attacks, wasting the little time they have to make a point. Or they show up unable to answer detailed questions or cite sources for anything they claim to be true.

Why i go to these meetings is beyond me.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on March 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM · Report this