Topics discussed in the article include:
• A trip to the "granddaddy of all drone-building competitions" in North Dakota.
• The fact that “You have to acknowledge in this day and age that stuff flies over your house.”
• Futuristic shooting sprees.
• A "university skybridge paid for by a potato farming magnate."
• What it is like to pilot a domestic drone. (Spoiler: It's fun.)
• The passionate argument against Seattle Police Department's drones, including the possibility that drones might record citizens “while [they're] naked, barbecuing!”
• The Terminator.
You should give The Magazine a try, and read Eli's thoughtful and funny article. I guarantee you'll come away with a ton of new information about a technology that is fundamentally reshaping our ideas of privacy and safety.