Friday, March 22, 2013

Student Is Outraged When His Smutty Story About His Teacher Gets Him Thrown Out of School

Posted by on Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Instead of acting all shocked and filing a two million dollar lawsuit against your school, maybe don't turn in erotica starring your teacher as an assignment next time?

(Via Gawker.)

icouldliveinhope 1
I like how he doesn't get the difference between writing erotica and turning in erotica about a teacher into that teacher. Totally harassment! As long as the thought police isn't breaking down your door when you write out your hot for teacher fantasies, your first amendment rights aren't being violated.
Posted by icouldliveinhope on March 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM · Report this
venomlash 2
That's seriously creepy.
Posted by venomlash on March 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM · Report this
sirkowski 3
I wrote a story where the teachers got killed and I got a good grade, so I dunno...
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on March 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM · Report this
mikethehammer 4
I don't really know how I feel about the issue itself. It is rather edgy and probably the most interesting submission she received, but nevertheless creepy and probably crosses the line of appropriateness. My much larger concern is the fact that this guy's turning in handwritten papers? In cursive!? Does he not own a... um, a fucking typewriter!?!
Posted by mikethehammer on March 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM · Report this
I was expecting a story about some high school teenager doing this as a prank or something. Then I saw the pic. I don't even.
Posted by GermanSausage on March 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM · Report this
icouldliveinhope 6
@4 I was still on the fence until I read his little cover letter to the essay. He wasn't trying to be all post-post-whatever, he was just being a dick.
Posted by icouldliveinhope on March 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM · Report this
In between getting an "A" for his writing, and being forced to register as a sex offender.... Hey, why not both!
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on March 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 8
I have never had a teacher I would ever ever want to write erotica about.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on March 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM · Report this
evilvolus 9
"...it was raw, unedited material that was never supposed to see the light of day."

Then, I suppose he shouldn't have turned it in to be read, huh?
Posted by evilvolus on March 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM · Report this
Space Sausage 10
when women do this it is considered cute and possibly hot. you would never hear about it in a news story either. if it was very unwanted, it would be dealt with internally. a man does it? he's a creep and kicked out, no mediation or warning.

none of us have read this, so we can't say how threatening it might have been. but if it was really just a creative writing piece, take a breath and realax. uncomfortable? talk to him about it. he certainly seems rational in the interview.
Posted by Space Sausage on March 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 11
I'd think a married guy his age would at least have some vague notion about what is appropriate in a classroom setting and what is not. Apparently, I'd be wrong.

Dude. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of your writing or your first Amendment rights. It has everything to do with sexually appropriate conduct between a teacher and student. Duh.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on March 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM · Report this
Inappropriate middle-aged student is inappropriate.
Posted by originalcinner on March 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM · Report this
Space Sausage 13
ok this shit he wrote was hilariously bad. hilarious cringe. but you take the opportunity to pull him aside, maybe with a counselor, and explain to him how fucking stupid this was. kick him out of the class i dont care. but if he is to learn, you give someone a warning and embarrass them just right. you dont just kick them out of school without learnin' them with a second chance (in another class).
Posted by Space Sausage on March 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM · Report this
treacle 14
He should have known better and kept his teacher-fantasies to his own journal, and/or the boys bathroom walls, like the rest of us did. Good lord. Are kids really getting dumber?

@10 - I see your point. However, boys grow up with male privilege, and if they don't get checked early & often, they grow up into rapey douchebags who think beating up gay people is a good time. Learning to be a dick starts at home, of course, but that's no reason to publicly condone it.
Posted by treacle on March 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM · Report this
@10: I'll bite. When has a female student ever done this?
Posted by treehugger on March 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM · Report this
@14 - "Are kids really getting dumber?"

Did you watch the video? This student isn't a kid - he's a middle-aged man who, as an adult, should have displayed better judgement than this.
Posted by ignatz ratzkywatzky on March 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM · Report this
yucca flower 17
The Prof should counter-sue for sexual harassment.
Posted by yucca flower on March 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM · Report this
Free Lunch 18
I hear that's how David Lee Roth got thrown out of school.
Posted by Free Lunch on March 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM · Report this
Sandiai 19
Oh my God you guys. Did you read some of the excerpts? The cover letter alone begs a lawsuit,

Oh and BTW, As a teacher of undergraduates way back when, it was my policy, and also the school's policy, to only allow typed papers to be handed in for final grading. One reason I hated handwritten papers was because they were TOO HARD TO READ.

But seriously, read this guy's introduction to the essay.
Posted by Sandiai on March 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM · Report this
Sandiai 20
Oh, and his writing is atrocious. Really really bad.
Posted by Sandiai on March 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM · Report this