and Drunks

Thursday, March 7, 2013

If You Watched House of Cards, You Might as Well Watch Hemlock Grove

Posted by on Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Since you're all about watching entire series on Netflix now (and you've already lost an entire weekend burning through House of Cards), why not lose another few days of your life on a brand new Netflix exclusive series starting in April called Hemlock Grove? Eli Roth (Grindhouse, Cabin Fever) is your producer, and Famke Janssen (yum), Lili Taylor, and Dougray Scott are your stars in this horror series about two dudes suspected of killing a young girl—one of whom is rumored to be a werewolf (!!!)—and their attempts to find the killer. The trailer kind of reminds me of Twilight—if Twilight had a bunch of sexy nude people in it, and was well written. Check it out!

ArtBasketSara 1
I will. I will watch. TV series on Netflix owns my life....for only $7.99 a month! Deal!
Posted by ArtBasketSara on March 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM · Report this
very bad homo 2
Yeah, I'm in.
Posted by very bad homo on March 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 3
Meh.

Wake me up when Winter Has Come.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on March 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM · Report this
brandon 4
Meh, needs more gay sex.
Posted by brandon on March 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM · Report this
I read the book. I did not find it to be well written. But I have bad taste.
Posted by jzimbert on March 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 6
"The trailer kind of reminds me of Twilight—if Twilight had a bunch of sexy nude people in it, and was well written."

Being someone who has never seen Twilight and assumed the above described all there was to know about it, I assume then that this show is about sparkly vampires and refuse to watch the trailer.
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on March 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM · Report this
Hover Dog 7
House of Cards looked amazing, and it was amazing. This looks like shit.
Posted by Hover Dog on March 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 8
Pretty soon Netflix will be producing the same crappy films they now license from others.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on March 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM · Report this
Knat 9
Game of Thrones is all anyone is going to be talking about this year. Anything else coming out will have to be absolutely fantastic to not be completely overshadowed, and this doesn't look like it's up to that mark.

I'm glad Dualla is getting more work, and I think Famke Janssen is exceedingly attractive, but two pretty ladies are not enough to make up for all the other negative impressions I get from this trailer.
Posted by Knat on March 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM · Report this