Thursday, February 21, 2013

Can You Believe the Chicago Blackhawks Are Still Undefeated?

Posted by on Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM

The talented but pompous little worm.
  • Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com
  • The talented but pompous little worm.
Sixteen games into this year's NHL season, and the Chicago Blackhawks have yet to lose one. They've gone into overtime or shootouts three times (most recently Tuesday night against the Canucks, which was a burly game!), but they've always pulled out a victory. And their Tuesday win meant they tied the Anaheim Ducks' NHL record of "16 straight games to begin a season without a regulation loss."

Crazy! But I can't wait to see them lose. They play the Sharks tomorrow night, and I really hope they lose. (Which might be unlikely because the Sharks, while they started out strong, haven't been doing well. But! On Tuesday they finally broke their losing streak, so maybe things are looking up?)

I mean, I'm torn. I like to see hockey history happen, but I really dislike Patrick Kane. I really, really do. Fuck you, Patrick Kane, you talented but pompous little worm.

How are you hockey fans feeling about the situation? Let's have a poll!

ArtBasketSara 1
I don't hate Patrick Kane. But I could learn! Tell me more...
I *heart* hate! Just for fun though.
Posted by ArtBasketSara on February 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 2
Kane was the guy who got into a fight with a cabbie over something like $2. That's reason enough to hate him. But it isn't reason enough not to like the Blackhawks. They have to be a divisional rival as well, which in Megan's case they are, but in my case they're not.
Posted by Matt from Denver on February 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 3
Where's the button for "What is this 'hockey' of which you speak?"
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on February 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM · Report this
I, too, want to see them lose because I, too, hate the Blackhawks. Go nucks!
Posted by canuckinchicago on February 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
Where's the button for "Where is Seattle's NHL team?"
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM · Report this
Since the Sharks are my favorite team, and since they are next up against Chicago, I doubly hope to see the Blackhawks lose in regulation tomorrow night. But damn, I don't see it happening. I would really like to stick a Chelsea Daggar into Kane's Black Heart.
Posted by SeattleKim on February 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 7
@2 Oh ya! That guy...I hate that guy!
Posted by ArtBasketSara on February 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM · Report this
Megan Seling 8
@1 Also: http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructi…

Which, you know, grain of salt. Internet gossip. Etc. But he looks like such a turd!
Posted by Megan Seling on February 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM · Report this
stirwise 9
Even though I left Chicago nearly 4 years ago, I just can't bring myself to quit the Hawks. Go Hawks!
Posted by stirwise on February 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM · Report this
striatic 10
where is the option of wanting the Hawks to win but hating Patrick Kane?
Posted by striatic on February 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 11
@8 oooo...the "he drinks beer like a girl..." really seals it for me! Girls! Right? Also the choking of...

Cancel that Patrick Kane jersey! Is what I would say if I had been about to buy one.
Posted by ArtBasketSara on February 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM · Report this
Notpoetry 12
Pfft. They have totally lost. You just get points in the NHL for losing. (what, no, not still bitter about the season opener at all, why do you ask?)
Posted by Notpoetry on February 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM · Report this