Thursday, February 21, 2013

Anyone Wanna Go to Nebraska With Me on March 3?

Posted by on Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Oh I'll go with you, but simply because of my lifelong love of gymnastics.
Posted by karraflarra on February 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM · Report this
rob! 2
You guys buy the tickets. I'll zoom in on Google Earth and make sure none of the hotels have rooftop water tanks.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on February 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM · Report this
Oogle while you can, Danny; actually men's gymnastics is a dying sport in the Qunited States of Gommorica.

Thanks to Title Nine.

Which requires schools to have the same number of females and males on sports teams.

No matter how many people of whatever gender actually want to be on a team.

So schools have to invent girl's sports and they drop men's sports.

In the interest of guaranteeing equal outcome.

Just the way the Liberals like it.

Posted by we're so sorry your "husband" isn't enough for you. on February 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM · Report this
samanthaf63 4
I know they're fashionable but those dumb looking shorts really take the hot out of what should be amazing bodies.
Posted by samanthaf63 on February 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM · Report this
Oh Suzanna 5
Ohhh! Someone PLEASE tell me that's their "It Gets Better" video!!
Posted by Oh Suzanna on February 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 6
Sweet. But Nebraska? No thanks.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on February 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM · Report this
Matt from Denver 7
Being an opposite-sex-oriented kind of guy (as well as someone who can really do without Nebraska), I'll sit that one out. But I have to admit that gymnasts just might have the ideal build, more than any other kind of male athlete.
Posted by Matt from Denver on February 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM · Report this
Fnarf 8
Gosh, that Harlem Shake thing is SO COOL! Where can I see more of it?
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on February 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 9
What a waste of time that was.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on February 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM · Report this
Yes please. That video is 80% of my version of Heaven.
Posted by The fag on February 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM · Report this
I love men's gymnastics. Men's diving takes a close second. Thanks for the visual lunch break Dan.
Posted by SeattleKim on February 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM · Report this
It's been a shitty day! Thanks for that, Dan. Totally made me feel better.
Posted by papercrane on February 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM · Report this
In my mind, it is already March 3 and I am already in Nebraska.
Posted by db4530 on February 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM · Report this
TreGibbs 14
Bodyhair-less, immature idiots listening to shitty music... that AND NEBRASKA? No thank you. I will stay in California with my hairy, 40-something husband.
Posted by TreGibbs on February 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM · Report this
I watched it with the sound off. And I mentally pixilated the dude in the stupid hat.
Posted by Dan Savage on February 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 16
I don't really get the whole Harlem Shake thing, but any excuse to see hot shirtless guys shakin it works for me.

Gymnasts are the main reason I watch the summer olympics. They are almost universally hot, every one of them.

They could use some diversity on the Nebraska team, but the hotness is hard to deny. *drool*
Posted by Reverse Polarity on February 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM · Report this
wingedkat 17
I'll meet you here. Need tickets? Because I can do that.

@16 what *is* up with this song fad? It makes a lot less sense than "call me maybe"
Posted by wingedkat on February 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM · Report this

"diversity"?

how is the team not representative of Nebraska?
Posted by waiting on February 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM · Report this
They are all very pretty but has anyone else noticed that in all these "Harlem shake" videos not a single person actually does the Harlem shake?
Posted by Lil Scrapper on February 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM · Report this
Why, when you can just go to Seattle U? http://youtu.be/5ENqWJrsMmY
Posted by dry dock on February 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM · Report this
more than anything in the whole world!
Posted by oh yes please, on February 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 22
Ah, youth!

Hard to tell for sure, but some of these guys look taller than 5'4" - which is how tall male gymnasts seem to be these days.
Posted by Bauhaus I on February 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM · Report this