Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Slog Nerd Happy Hour the Third!

Posted by on Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM

IMG_4715.jpg
  • Mr. Herriman
Once again it's time for Slog's monthly game night, this Friday at Raygun Lounge, beginning at 5 pm.

For those who are unfamiliar: on the last Friday of every month the nerds of Slog take over Raygun Lounge. Games are played, beer is drunk, fun times are had. Sometimes we have special guests!

Bring a game to share, or borrow from Raygun's collection! See you Friday!

MacCrocodile 1
I will be there. And thanks for the picture. I'd hate to wear the same shirt to two consecutive Slog events.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on February 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 2
eeeeee!
Posted by mr. herriman on February 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM · Report this
The Women of Cal's, just now...

Table 1:
35 year old Mom with husband and baby. Angular blond hair, runner's tights. That is, still trying to hold on, but pretty much surrendered.

Table 2:
Younger Grandma and 8 year old granddaughter niece. Has the black hair bob, there's something there, but pretty much the glass is 9/10ths empty.

Table 3:
Grandma, Mom, and two girls, who announce they're 13 and were just hit on by a pack of 15 year old boys who told them they looked "so much older" and they would buy them everything. I thought the elder women would scold the misses, but instead they looked off wistfully possibly thinking "ah, I remember when I used to be assaulted by packs of teenage boys".

Waitress 1:
Very cute, early twenties, seemed friendly, nice face and figure and not tall at all.

But of course, in the land of bait and switch, she disappeared to be replaced with...

Waiter 2:
The classic Northwestern guy who is I guess bi-sexual, and seems to want me to treat him like I did Waitress 1. No dice. He then serves the other table and makes it a point of bending over for like 10 minutes and pointing his behind in my direction. All due respect, Dan, but Homie don't play that.

Waitress 2:
Seemed like the owner, manager. Wanted to talk beer with me, but in typical Northwest fashion,got confused when I said what I actually thought. I said I wanted a very light beer, maybe an amber. But I really wanted was pilsner on tap. That's what I always want. But I want a good German one, like Pilsner Urquell, which is in all the supermarkets but is only really fantastic on tap. I asked if she heard of it and she said no, she doesn't go into the beer section in a supermarket. Of course not. Why would she? She works in a bar. Makes no sense. Then after quasi chatting me up, she flashes the gigantic cluster diamond ring, which somehow I hadn't noticed before.

I'm fair. I left a big tip. I'm used to it after what...27 years.
More...
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on February 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 4
what's your point, @3?
Posted by scary tyler moore http://pushymcshove.blogspot.com/ on February 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
laterite 5
Holeee shit, Bailo.
Posted by laterite on February 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM · Report this
Knat 6
Thanks for coming by to reinforce every negative notion I have about you, SRotU.
Posted by Knat on February 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
Wow. @3 for the OMG WTF. Go run out into traffic, SRotU.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM · Report this
Clara T 8
You, sir, seem quite the catch in those running tight.
Posted by Clara T on February 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM · Report this
I remember walking around Spokane in the evening not that long ago and finding my way to this large comics-and-games shop close to the downtown, and a whole bunch of youngsters were having a game night. I don't know if it was a regular thing, but it sure seemed that way. It was so cool.
Posted by floater on February 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM · Report this
Lissa 10
@3: I don't usually talk to you, but I've got to say, your post gave me the creeps in a major way. I'm not surprised you don't get laid. I'm sorry for you, but it's your own fault.
Posted by Lissa on February 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM · Report this
evilvolus 11
@9 - Thanks for getting us back on track. Woo, game night!
Posted by evilvolus on February 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM · Report this
Fenrox 12
Play Dixit! It's the best!
Posted by Fenrox on February 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM · Report this