Thursday, February 14, 2013

What Is The Internship Trailer Worse Than?

Posted by on Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Even fans of Wedding Crashers—and I count myself as one of those fans—have to admit that it's time for Vince "#1 Ron Paul Fan" Vaughn and Owen "Too Sad to Even Think About" Wilson to hang it up. And yet here they are, in the trailer for The Internship, which seems to be a very long Google ad:

Pick1 1
Somewhat ironic reading the sixth choice. I'm actually in Renton right now visiting since my 99 year old grandpa died on Monday. So... The trailor isn't quite that bad. The UFC one sounds about right.
Posted by Pick1 on February 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM · Report this
JF 2
There's a very basic rule in trailers that I follow. If it shows head or genitalia trauma, it's a shitty movie. And this trailer almost passed the test, but then snuck 'em both in at the last second... I would have considered watching it before that moment.
Posted by JF on February 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM · Report this
AnnaCakes 4
Just emailed this to my spouse who works at the Google Fremont office. I begged him to tell me that this is Google's April Fool's joke, just released early. Like, please. Tell me that. Or erase my memory of the last five minutes.
Posted by AnnaCakes http://www.suzannehawsphoto.com/ on February 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM · Report this
Former Lurker 5
I liked the inclusion of Thrift Shop... more money coming Seattle's way.
Posted by Former Lurker on February 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM · Report this
Fnarf 6
Aasif Mandvi doing the accent. So humiliating.

Best Slog poll items ever, though. I went with UFC Guy but upon reflection I would like to change my answer to Bus Pee.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on February 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM · Report this
Frankly, there is so much wrong here it's not even funny.

For starters, I am about to go have a beer with my boss. We do it every week.
Posted by Tyler Pierce on February 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 9
@4 - I will be holding onto that hope until April 2.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on February 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM · Report this
gttim 10
They filmed that here in Atlanta- the GT campus became Google's campus. My GF consulted on the movie, and is even in the ping pong game scene. She made the trailer! She is easy to identify. She is the asian girl!
Posted by gttim on February 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM · Report this
A bad trailer doesn't mean a bad movie. I mean, really, haven't you seen fantastic trailers that hide terrible, soul-sucking movies? This doesn't look like a great movie, but it is what it is, mindless humor. Really, it isn't "The Think Red Line" which goes down as worst movie ever, despite the tiny appearances of great actors (George Clooney, for instance).
Posted by Bugnroolet on February 15, 2013 at 7:13 AM · Report this
seandr 12
Fuck the haterz this movie's AWESOME!
Posted by seandr on February 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM · Report this