Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This Is Offensive to the BLT Community

Posted by on Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM

IMG_0458.JPG

"Attached is a photo I took in December in Terminal 3 of the Delhi airport in India," writes Slog tipper Bhutan. "It's at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf shop. In their showcase was what they call an LGBT sandwich. I thought it was kind of cute, so I took a picture of it. The guy working there said it was filled with lettuce, gouda, balsamic spread, and tomatoes."

One of my favorite cafes in Minneapolis has an LGBT sandwich. It's a BLT with guacamole, so it's basically unfuckwithable.
Posted by It's the Acadia. on February 12, 2013 at 8:11 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
It looks and sounds delicious. Cindy Bigots will be outraged.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on February 12, 2013 at 8:13 AM · Report this
TheMisanthrope 3
I'd think bisexuals would rather be bacon than balsamic spread.
Posted by TheMisanthrope on February 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM · Report this
I think anybody would rather be bacon.
Posted by Emilio Ballardo on February 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM · Report this
@4 I don't think vegans/vegetarians would like to be bacon.

Hmm how about LGBTQ (Q for quail egg)
Posted by consensual_nonconsent on February 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM · Report this
I'd rather be bacon.
Posted by East Coast Douglas on February 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM · Report this
zivilisierter Wurm 7
@5: quinoa? Quark?
Posted by zivilisierter Wurm http://peregrinari.tumblr.com/ on February 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 8
A sandwich should never be over 80% bread. What is this, Indian Subway?
Posted by Theodore Gorath on February 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM · Report this
#1 has it right; the only addition that needs to be made to a BLT is some avocado. This is merely a confused upstart attempting to cash in on the BLT's good name, and I think the LGBT community is as interested in a good porking as the rest of us.
Posted by NateMan on February 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM · Report this
@5, @7--quince paste? Just to really get in there and fight with the balsamic spread?
Posted by lulubelle on February 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM · Report this
onion 11
there's a CBTL in INDIA?!!!! whut? is it related to the shitty Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf chain that pollutes all of Los Angeles? Poor India.
Posted by onion on February 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM · Report this
@10 if the Q is quince then the B should go back to being bacon. The gouda is the problem.

So... a BLT with quince paste and gorgonzola.
Posted by dirge on February 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM · Report this
Gouda: weird
Quince: yes
Balsamic: overdone. Brie to replace the gouda. Besides, brie is totally more gay than gouda (funky, gooey, smells like cum).
Posted by MemeGene on February 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM · Report this
bearseatbeats 14
The Coastal Kitchen on Capitol Hill has an LGBT. Lettuce, gouda, bacon, tomato. Yum.
Posted by bearseatbeats on February 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM · Report this
shuvoff 15
@5 I was at a food focused event this past weekend where 3 out of 4 people who had RSVP'd as "vegetarian" asked to be served bacon.
Posted by shuvoff on February 12, 2013 at 10:54 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 16
@11: It's the same logo. My guess is yes, it is the same outfit. According to Wikipedia: The chain has over 900 locations in 23 countries.
Posted by Bauhaus I on February 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM · Report this
This just made me go out and get a BLT
Posted by beccoid on February 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 18
@12,

Gorgonzola? You won't be able to taste anything else.
Posted by keshmeshi on February 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM · Report this
Calming Influence 19
Once you've gone gouda, you'll never go back.
Posted by Calming Influence on February 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 20
I gotta get pedantic here. A spread is not included in the ingredients of a sandwich. I don't care if it's made w/ real ambrosia collected from the garden of Hesperides. You don't put it in the name. You can have a pastrami & swiss on rye. You can't have a pastrami & swiss & mustard on rye.

Because that would just be stupid.

This sandwich is an LGT, served w/ Balsamic spread.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on February 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM · Report this
Bisexual vegetarian here; I would totally prefer to be balsamic spread. ;P
Posted by KirikaSena on February 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Bisexual vegetarian here; I'd totally prefer to be balsamic spread. ;P
Posted by KirikaSena on February 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM · Report this
Erm, so my computer glitched, and at first it seemed to have failed with the first attempt. If there's a mod anywhere, feel free to delete this comment, along with one of the duplicates. Thanks! <3
Posted by KirikaSena on February 12, 2013 at 3:04 PM · Report this
mtnlion 24
@1 CINDY BIGOTS! Thanks for bringing it back. That thread, whatever it was for, was really funny.
Posted by mtnlion http://radicalish.wordpress.com on February 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM · Report this
@12--Quince with BACON! YES! Either way, the bacon needs to return.
Posted by lulubelle on February 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM · Report this
Breklor 26
I ran a poll on my LiveJournal years ago that went, "If a queer-friendly coffee shop were to offer a LGBT sandwich - supposing the B, L, and T were the traditional bacon, lettuce, and tomato - what should the G be?" Guacamole won by a landslide, but gouda was a fair second. (I don't think anyone voted for gum.)
Posted by Breklor on February 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM · Report this
Trinabeana 27
@15 I prepare and serve food to large groups of people as part of my job, and it always amuses/annoys me how many people will say they are vegan and then eat things they know have dairy or eggs in them, saying, "I'm not that strict." It amuses me because it's really common--I guess when people are on vacation they like to break their usual food rules. It annoys me (mildly) because we always make sure there are options for the people who let us know they have dietary restrictions or preferences. Also the people who "try to eat gluten-free when I have the opportunity" can kiss my gluten-intolerant ass. (Which will be a more pleasant experience now that I'm gluten-free and a lot less farty.)
Posted by Trinabeana on February 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM · Report this
Wandergeist 28
I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I don't like bacon and certainly don't want to be bacon. And Brie is simply disgusting. Gouda's OK, though.
Posted by Wandergeist on February 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM · Report this