Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hilarious Complaints About "Wickedness and Filth" on TV

Posted by on Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM

This link will open in a PDF, so fair warning, but damn, what a good way to waste some time at a desk/on the bus/wherever you are: from governmentattic.org, a magical document titled: "Informal complaints received by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the television show ‘Saturday Night Live,’ 2008–2012."

Here, try some ([sic] throughout):

I am offended by the gay acceptance message this skit protrays. The implication is clear, if we got past our fear and tried anal sex, we would like it and then accept it.

During the "What Up With That" skit on SNL, actor Samuel L. Jackson said "What the Fuck" and "this is bullshit" during the show. I was watching with my gay friends and we were very upset. Thanks.

This has me very concerned for my safety and many others.
Last night on Saturday night live Jamie Fox called for the killing of all white people. This occured during his monolog at the beginning of the show. All through his threat he used Obama's name. I want to make a formal complaint against NBC, Saturday Night Live and Jamie Fox. Jamie Fox needs to be removed from society until this threat is over.

Get the dvd and you will probably see a lot more than I saw because I turned the channel because I was so disgusted and sickened. I would never record or even consider buying a dvd with such wickedness and filth on it even to send you a copy so you could see how terrible it was.

It's a good look into the minds of... well, of people who e-mail the government at all hours to complain that SNL jokes are too dirty. WOWZA.

Thanks, Hot Tipper Alithea! You find all the best funnies!

Foghorn Leghorn 1
Linky no worky.
Posted by Foghorn Leghorn on February 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 2
"All through his threat he used Obama's name."

Needs clarification. Is this person concerned that the POTUS is being sullied by association with this kinda lame gag, or does s/he think it makes the threat credible?

Although either interpretation is both sad and somewhat hilarious.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on February 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM · Report this
--MC 3
Japanese get out, Koreans move around!
Posted by --MC on February 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM · Report this
working link:

p.s., just watched the Jamie Foxx monolog. awesome!
Posted by slugbiker http://www.seattlescrabble.org on February 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM · Report this
Soooo many of the people complaining about "obscenities" say that they had to use their DVR to watch it over and over to verify what was said/done.

The poor grammar and misspellings must be a side effect of all the hand-wringing.
Posted by slugbiker http://www.seattlescrabble.org on February 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM · Report this
Cracker Jack 6
Ooooohhhhhh you missed page 26.
Posted by Cracker Jack on February 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM · Report this
@1: Sorry! Fixed.
@4: Thanks!
Posted by Anna Minard on February 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM · Report this
"Our kids and grandkids are getting the wrong
message. That wierd sex and criminal behavior are good for this country."

Grammar matters, folks. Apparently this irate viewer thinks "that wierd[sic] sex" and "criminal behavior" are good for the country. Not sure what kind of weird sex they are referring to, but I bet it's kinky.
Posted by Tawnos on February 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM · Report this
evilvolus 9
Jamie Foxx monologue at:

Posted by evilvolus on February 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 10
@5,

You're much more charitable than I. I suspect the outrage and poor grammar are side effects of their brains leaking out of their ears.
Posted by keshmeshi on February 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM · Report this
leek 11
Justin Timberwolf! (p. 29)
Posted by leek on February 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM · Report this
very bad homo 12
Samuel L. Jackson did say fuck, it kind of shocked me that they didn't even bleep him here on the west coast. Not complaining though, because who cares? It was after midnight and all good children should be in bed at that hour.
Posted by very bad homo on February 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM · Report this
Sandiai 14
Looks like I'll have to start watching SNL again!

P. 68 is a good rant full of his/her own swears. P. 26 is sad-funny.

Am I going to get anything done today?
Posted by Sandiai on February 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM · Report this
stirwise 15
@1 - Works for me, just requires patience. It's a large document.
@3 - If some enterprising soul put that to a dance beat it would be the new Gangnam Style.
Posted by stirwise on February 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM · Report this