and Drunks

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Drunken Left Hand of Medical Science

Posted by on Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I'm a couple days late to Surgeon Simulator 2013, but I think maybe this is the video game that Duncan Jones should adapt into a movie, not Warcraft. This is the most fun I've had playing a video game in forever.

Will in Seattle 1
It's pretty nifty.

Now if I could just port it to a Gameboy ...
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 2
There was a game back in the 90's (I played it on an Amiga 500) that was a medical simulator. It was interesting, but the real fun was poking the patients repeatedly where it hurt because they'd go from just saying "ouch" to eventually screaming in pain. Also, you could wheel anyone into surgery and do all sorts of evil things - Slice them open with the scalpel, pump them full of random drugs, etc. Good times.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM · Report this
All the complexity of surgery, with the precision of Octodad. I love it!
Posted by Super Cool Charlie on January 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 4
Wow, I hope the surgeon doesn't try to jack off with that hand...
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on January 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM · Report this
Gory games like this will only inspire a whole generation of Jack the Ripper wannabes.
Posted by dirge on January 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM · Report this
@2 I remember playing that game when I was younger. I definitely took every single patient into surgery and ended up hacking them up because I had no clue as to what I was doing.

X-Ray indicates kidney stones? Time for surgery!

That game was basically a torture simulator.

Anyone else remember that game and what it was called?
Posted by Bored@School on January 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM · Report this