Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What Are You Doing, World?

Posted by on Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM

The unmoderated (and therefore quite possibly NSFW) Vinepeek is a live feed of six-second videos people are posting to Vine right now. I like to just leave it on in a tab on my desktop and listen to the world as it passes by, just outside my window.

I love that so much. I think It Gets Better Project should solicit Vines for a curated feed. Vulnerable teens have the same short attention spans as non-vulnerable ones, after all. So let's give them a feed of six-second support videos in constant rotation! Imagine the creative possibilities.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM · Report this
James McDaniel 2
Looking at this for a short while, I now believe Vine videos are crowdsourced blipverts.
Posted by James McDaniel http://facebook.com/JamesMcDanielPhotos on January 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM · Report this
I keep seeing the same puppet, yawning dog, baby, and walking people over and over again. This is a proof of concept or vaporware.
Posted by David from Chicago on January 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM · Report this
But now it's different. Maybe there was a cache thing going on. Yet all the videos have similar cuts and a feel to them. I'm not getting the sense that these come from many different people. Perhaps the same few users happen to be posting right now.
Posted by David from Chicago on January 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM · Report this
Cracker Jack 5
Oh my god, I haven't been rabbit-holed into a good old fashioned Internet Time Suck like that in months! Thanks, Paul!
Posted by Cracker Jack on January 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM · Report this
So, if you want to play at vine.co, you need an iThing?

Why does this need to be tied to Apple? I can generate a few dozen video formats on my own, but I need to go to iTunes for this?

My boycott of all things Apple continues apace.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on January 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM · Report this
beatgrl 7
No shortage of cats and coffee out there, I see.
Posted by beatgrl on February 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM · Report this