Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jon Stewart Slams Paul Ryan

Posted by on Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Required viewing, epic, stop what you're doing and watch this right now, etc.

That really earned the "required" - amazing when he (and his writing staff) go super-granular to show us how deeply funny stuff like Ryan's response really is. Golden.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM · Report this
Knat 2
If the GOP weren't so completely hypocritical and divisive, would there even be a Daily Show for us all to enjoy? I know it started during the Clinton administration, but it didn't really rise above the level of popular to become its current cultural powerhouse until W & Co. started fucking things up left, right and center, providing TDS with an overflowing buffet of material. So maybe we should be thankful the GOP is as awful as it is. Right?

Ha! I'm just kidding. If I have to choose, I'd rather have a functioning society than an entertaining political satire show.
Posted by Knat on January 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 3
more than six minutes without a goofy voice or bad impression!
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Whenever I begin to doubt that the media can't be trusted, Mr. Stewart or Mr. Colbert does one of these.
Posted by DRF on January 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM · Report this
Sorry, doubt that the media can be trusted. I guess I should've lip synched my post.
Posted by DRF on January 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM · Report this
@2

I'd actually give credit more to Fox news and its rise to prominence in the TDS era. They directly give the TDS almost as much material and also enable the GOP to get away with their absurdity. There is of course a correlation between the two, and in some ways are one in the same.
Posted by pb1230 on January 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 7
It's too bad that conservatives will never see that. The people who watch TDS are already well aware of conservative hypocrisy and lies. Still very funny and astute though.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM · Report this
smajor82 8
@6 I know this makes me a jerk, but ...

the TDS is redundant, like "ATM machine" is redundant.
Posted by smajor82 on January 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM · Report this
made my day -- thank you!
Posted by EricaP on January 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 10
@8,
The one that really bugs me is "Personal PIN number."
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM · Report this
@7 And what exactly would you expect to happen if conservatives did see it? Being open to new ideas, being willing to set aside your brainwashing, your idealogy, your pet hates, your favorite firebrands, and seek truth and fresh opportunity is not exactly a conservative trait.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM · Report this
@9 thats Tridundant.
Posted by jnonymous on January 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 13
HA - i was ranting just this morning about GOP "genius" paul ryan not understanding what a straw man was!
Posted by Max Solomon on January 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM · Report this
Mostly unrelated, but I'm starting to develop kind of a hate-crush on Paul Ryan. He's pretty a good looking guy, especially by Congressional standards, and his beliefs are so heartless that I kind of want to bend him over and make him "take" it like one of the 47%. Just me?
Posted by Daniel_NY on January 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM · Report this
james_from_cambridge 15
@Daniel_NY: Yup, it's just you. I find him too loathsome to "give it" to that bitch and usually, I'm all about the hate-fuck. But I couldn't get it up for a cunt like Ryan (he's not only evil but he looks like Eddie Munster gone to pot); I would, however, love to see him get gang-banged by a dozen or so homeless men, then turned over and bukkaked at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. Being a Republican though, he'd probably enjoy it too much.
Posted by james_from_cambridge http://------------- on January 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM · Report this
@Daniel_NY: Probably just you, but if you're really into that fantasy, there's a lot of Romney/Ryan erotica out there on Fanfiction.net, or so I hear.

Anyway, I can't help but feel like when Paul Ryan uses a word like "straw man" it's like "oh my goodness, did you just learn a big word???" and pat him on the head. I'm starting to get why dim-bulb conservatives think he's such a genius - but becoming more and more puzzled why anyone who isn't unbelievably stupid thinks that, when his charade is so obvious.
Posted by Whoop Di Doo on January 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM · Report this