and Drunks

Monday, January 21, 2013

What Did You Think About the Inauguration?

Posted by on Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

As far as I'm concerned, President Obama's speech was great: Well-written, brilliantly constructed, and unabashedly liberal. He spoke about gay rights, he spoke about climate change, he tried to adjust the discussion about the Constitution from teabagger conservatism into something a little more modern. But what do you think? People have lots of opinions on the inter-tweets about Michelle Obama's bangs and Richard Blanco's poetry, and so here are a few Slog polls to settle the issue of the inauguration once and for all:

Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 1
We do not believe that in this country, freedom is reserved for the lucky, or happiness for the few.

Sounds like Occupy is setting the agenda now.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM · Report this
Jerry M. Ander 2
@1 So you believe that freedom is only for the lucky and/or happiness for the few?
Posted by Jerry M. Ander on January 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 3
#2

One thing that will never change...the low reading comprehension scores of SLOG commenters.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM · Report this
Jerry M. Ander 4
@3 Is that all you got?
Posted by Jerry M. Ander on January 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 5
@4

It is I who am awaiting a valid follow up to my conjecture.

(Side note: is anyone else tired of hearing hackneyed wise guy lines in movies no matter the context. The preview for Hansel and Gretel where she blurts "You gotta be kidding me" taking the cake.

I'm all for hanging with the good fellas, but does it belong in Happy Feet IX? )
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM · Report this
I was way back at the Washington monument this morning for the ceremony, but it was still absolutely amazing. Now getting on a plane to head back to Seattle.
Posted by Nic in Greenlake on January 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM · Report this
dnt trust me 7
Thanks for the chronological Report Nic. You're a good boy, or a good man. How do you prefer I describe you when I tell everyone on MySpace that I know someone who was in DC today?!
Posted by dnt trust me on January 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Sandiai 8
@7, you know Nic too?!

Nic, we probably almost bumped into each other.
Posted by Sandiai on January 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM · Report this
dirac 9
"As far as I'm concerned, President Obama's speech was great"

No shit. You need to say this still? I think this speech was good, albeit with the usual claptrap we've come to expect from a crypto Republican. But it's more his actions I deplore. I keep wanting this guy to prove me wrong.
Posted by dirac on January 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM · Report this