and Drunks

Friday, January 18, 2013

Tattooed Ladies

Posted by on Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM

New Yorker photo blog rocking it this week.

The word 'tattooist' annoys me. Is that even correct?
Posted by ultrasuedecushion on January 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM · Report this
care bear 2
I love this so much. I want more tattoos!
Posted by care bear on January 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM · Report this
tainte 3
gross
Posted by tainte on January 18, 2013 at 8:13 AM · Report this
Arsenic7 4
Interesting to think about all the hate and disgust some of these women were met with because of the colors they chose to mark their skin with. Much of the art appears to be of pretty high quality, too.
Posted by Arsenic7 on January 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM · Report this
Lissa 5
I love my ink. I got my first one at 19. My room mate got a bunch of people to chip in and got it for me for Xmas. The now famous Vyvyn Lazonga was the artist, back when she was just starting out and working out of her dining room.
Posted by Lissa on January 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM · Report this
Jeremy from Seattle 6
Tattooer is the correct term.
Posted by Jeremy from Seattle http://www.x-dezyn.com on January 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM · Report this
leek 7
Perhaps these women tattoers could be called Tattooines. (Ba-dum-tsshhhh!)
Posted by leek on January 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM · Report this
I think the preferred term is "tattoo artist". They use it in the article but not in the captions for some reason.
Posted by chi_type on January 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM · Report this
kim in portland 9
Nice. I enjoy my ink.
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on January 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM · Report this