Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Well, Kroll Show Looks Like It's Not Going to Be FUCKING HILARIOUS

Posted by on Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Welcome, new great reason to watch television. Please go ahead and waste the next 21 minutes' worth of your employer's money. The below episode aired last Wednesday, but the post I wrote didn't make any sense. I went ahead and rewrote it because the next one is on tonight. Also, I don't really know anything about this Nick Kroll character, so if he's some sort of misogynistic racist homophobe or something, don't get all mad with me. (I don't like those guys either.) Enjoy!

Kroll Show airs Wednesday nights on Comedy Central.

jBee 1
All I know about this Kroll character is that my husband went to summer camp with him. 20 years later, husband goes to one of his standup shows. Afterwards, while Kroll is signing/selling merch, husband yells to him, "Camp Wildwood!" Kroll was warm and friendly and even remembered him (or convincingly faked it). In conclusion: Nick Kroll is OK by me.
Posted by jBee on January 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM · Report this
You got up and had pot for the first time in awhile. Then you typed about Nick Kroll Show. It made sense.
Posted by Donkey Face on January 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM · Report this
biffp 3
I thought the MO was not to make sense. In light of this new revelation, could you explain Green Lake Watch?
Posted by biffp on January 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 4
@3 nobody understands Green Lake Watch.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM · Report this
Nick Kroll is actually funny as Ruxin on The League, FX's rather hilarious show about fantasy football and the destruction it rains on people's lives; the adverts for Kroll Show look entirely stupefying.
Posted by bitethemailman on January 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM · Report this
care bear 6
This doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe I haven't smoked enough pot.
Posted by care bear on January 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM · Report this
@5- yes. He was also funny as a 5th tier character on Parks and Rec. His standup special was fucking awful- seems like the show is mostly the later, expanded.
Posted by Chris Jury http://www.thebismarck.net on January 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM · Report this
He's actually the son of Julius Kroll, founder of the famous/infamous Kroll group. Bitch doesn't have to be that funny when he's rolling in that kind of cash.
Posted by dak7e on January 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM · Report this
laterite 9
Yeah, we'll see. His characters are great in podcast form but mostly intolerable "live".
Posted by laterite on January 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM · Report this
You idiots can suck it! Kroll is hilarious and so is his show. Comedy Central is tailored to pot heads and the show fits perfectly. I still love Cool Uncle Stu Balls!
Piss off haters!