and Drunks

Friday, January 11, 2013

Stand Up Against Gun Violence, Sunday

Posted by on Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

In memory of the Sandy Hook Elementary School victims and in support of more sensible gun control legislation, thousands will be marching from West Lake Park to the Seattle Center on Sunday, starting at 1:30 pm. The rally is sponsored by StandUp Washington along with a host of local church groups.

This is your chance to show lawmakers that there is strong public support for addressing this critical public health and safety crisis.

Jaymz 1
My church is one of the sponsors, and I will be there.
Posted by Jaymz on January 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Fnarf 2
@1, so will I. Look for me and a group of people in front of See's Candy at 1:15.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on January 11, 2013 at 3:11 PM · Report this
tainte 3
you'll be lucky to get 100 people. the seahawks game won't even be over by 1:30! nice planning.
Posted by tainte on January 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 4
@3

You are implying that rabid gun control fanatics can comprehend logic and planning rather than knee-jerk emotional reactions.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on January 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM · Report this
Lew Siffer 5
Seriously. One of the biggest games of the year for Seattle. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
Posted by Lew Siffer on January 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM · Report this
@4 and @5 -- most people are mature enough to pick which they'll do, and those who want to see the game and march the march have probably discovered DVRs, so I think we're ok.

Here's a list of all cosponsors so far: Faith Action Network of Washington, Cafe Paloma, Causey Law Firm, Children’s Alliance, The Church Council of Greater Seattle, Compassionate Seattle, Consejo Counseling & Referral Service, Eagle Harbor Church (UCC), Fellowship of Reconciliation (Western Washington and Seattle chapters), First United Methodist Church of Seattle, Grandmothers Against Gun Violence, Greater Seattle Business Association, Gurdwara Singh Sabha, Immanuel Lutheran Church, Interfaith Community Church, Interfaith Task Force on Homelessness , Islamic Civic Engagement Project, Jewish Federation of Seattle, Lake Washington Education Association, Mother Attorneys Mentoring Assoc of Seattle, NAACP (Seattle/King County Chapter), Newport Presbyterian Church, Michael J. Warren, Attorney-at-Law, One America: With Justice for All, One Million Moms for Gun Control, Plymouth Congregational Church (UCC), Rainier Beach United Methodist Church, Salvatore Ristorante Italiano, SeaMar Community Health Centers, SEIU Local 6, St. James Cathedral, Seattle, St. Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Seattle, Skellenger Bender Law Firm, Temple de Hirsch Sinai, University Temple United Methodist Church, University UCC Church (Congregational), Love and Justice Board, Valley and Mountain Fellowship
Posted by Sandman on January 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
Jaymz 7
I will be listening to the game on the radio while traveling to the march and until conclusion, and recording it at home.

I actually did struggle with whether to attend and decided that I frequently listen to the radio anyway with the TV sound off (prefer the radio analysis) and I'll watch it when I get home if the Seahawks win.

As I understand it, the timing is to mesh with the opening of the legislature in Olympia so..... I care enough to go.
Posted by Jaymz on January 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM · Report this
Rotten666 8
Yeah I care a lot, but really, they couldn't organize this an hour later?

Good thing Seattle built me a light rail station next to my house.
Posted by Rotten666 on January 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM · Report this
tainte 9
dvr? hah! who watches the fucking game when they know the outcome?

good luck, nancies.
Posted by tainte on January 12, 2013 at 8:06 AM · Report this
Thousands? herp... More like 100 antiamerican mongoloids showed up. Goldy, didn't see you there. You shoot your mouth but don't follow through. You're a fucking tool.
Posted by Goldys a cunt on January 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM · Report this