Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lunchtime Quickie: Drunk of the Week: That Guy On Icelandair

Posted by on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

You've seen the photos. Now watch the video. I'm not sure how I feel about an airline employee having the right to duct tape me into my seat—but I guess it was necessary for this man?

Um, you "guess" it was necessary? What it would take to make it clearly necessary?
Posted by NotYourStrawMan on January 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM · Report this
Dougsf 2
@1 - "hitting, screaming and spitting at other passengers, while yelling profanities,"
That'll do it. (interesting to note that this is exactly why they carry duct tape on board. Huh.)

For all those nervous flyers out there wondering if a loony can get an emergency exit door open while the plane is in flight, the answer is "no."

Posted by Dougsf on January 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM · Report this
Beats being suffocated to death by freaked out fellow passengers, which has happened under similar circumstances.
Posted by Westside forever on January 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM · Report this
SRJ 4
Airline employee here, and you can rest easy. We're allowed to tape you up like, well, a duct, but we aren't supposed to attach you to a seat (presumably in case of an emergency evacuation, wherein I guess we would roll your taped-up ass to a door and give you a shove). Also, this kind of out behavior is, in my observation, caused not so much by alcohol alone, but by the hilarious combination of alcohol and Ambien, which, as I have told passengers for years, "...is how you end up on YouTube."
Posted by SRJ on January 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM · Report this